• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Free MQ2 Options? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
575¢
Hiya,

I'm new here, mostly just looking around but I'm curious. Are there any available free options for MQ2 out there? I've seen MMOBugs but I don't feel very safe using that with the amount of full on cheats and active hacks there are. As a broke college student, I can't really afford to get Very Vanilla for a good while until I get next semester and textbooks paid off. As it is I can barely afford to keep my EQ sub going lol. If there aren't any options that's fine, I'm mostly just looking for ways I can get my boxing way smoother rather than manually with WinEQ2

Best Regards,
Falant =)

I gifted you a free 1 month trial.

If you play on live, I would recommend you use the "MQNext" version when you get to the installer, it will eventually be the standard

There is a process where other members can "Redcent" posts / guides that you list and you can use those redcents to pay for your level 2 sub.

Happy Hunting

Hiya,

I'm new here, mostly just looking around but I'm curious. Are there any available free options for MQ2 out there? I've seen MMOBugs but I don't feel very safe using that with the amount of full on cheats and active hacks there are. As a broke college student, I can't really afford to get Very Vanilla for a good while until I get next semester and textbooks paid off. As it is I can barely afford to keep my EQ sub going lol. If there aren't any options that's fine, I'm mostly just looking for ways I can get my boxing way smoother rather than manually with WinEQ2

Best Regards,
Falant =)
several pointers here
1)be active on forums, comment, offer your advice, your game knowledge, be helpful and people will redcent you. each time one does its 10 redcent. you can use redcent to purchase your sub. see rules and more info here

2)use Kissassist or muleassist or rgmercs. all 3 are free use with VV (level 2 access).
Kissassist-requires INI but allows for massive customization of character.
Muleassist- has a UI that helps build the INI like Kissassist
Rgmerc-out of the box prebuilt and setup. you just turn it on and go

3)talk on here, ask advice and help. this is a great community and we all love to help each other, we can give you advice to help your boxing days become easy

4)once you can afford a little, check out CWTN Plugins
check out what he has and make sure to watch the Vids that Sic did for eacy

several pointers here
1)be active on forums, comment, offer your advice, your game knowledge, be helpful and people will redcent you. each time one does its 10 redcent. you can use redcent to purchase your sub. see rules and more info here

2)use Kissassist or muleassist or rgmercs. all 3 are free use with VV (level 2 access).
Kissassist-requires INI but allows for massive customization of character.
Muleassist- has a UI that helps build the INI like Kissassist
Rgmerc-out of the box prebuilt and setup. you just turn it on and go

3)talk on here, ask advice and help. this is a great community and we all love to help each other, we can give you advice to help your boxing days become easy

4)once you can afford a little, check out CWTN Plugins
check out what he has and make sure to watch the Vids that Sic did for eacy
Awesome, that's actually incredibly helpful =) Currently I'm running one subbed 115 SK, and then manually boxing a 110 Bard and Cleric. I think the goal is that with a full 6 box grinding/farming in TBL,etc. I'll eventually have the plat/krono to get expac tickets for all of em and then the ball's really gonna be rolling =) I'm not sure what the other 3 toons are gonna be but I'll likely make another thread for that just cause I wanna get some advice on that without changing topics here.

Awesome, that's actually incredibly helpful =) Currently I'm running one subbed 115 SK, and then manually boxing a 110 Bard and Cleric. I think the goal is that with a full 6 box grinding/farming in TBL,etc. I'll eventually have the plat/krono to get expac tickets for all of em and then the ball's really gonna be rolling =) I'm not sure what the other 3 toons are gonna be but I'll likely make another thread for that just cause I wanna get some advice on that without changing topics here.
for your cleric the mq2heals is great to make it heal heal heal heal heal and rez

for bard as i said above there are some really good bard inis in the library

as for what else to play thats up to you, i use every class except monks and have fun with every group make up

big dps u would add bst and 2x zerkers. and thats great for just prim dps
one of my most fun groups is tank/heal/bard/druid/mage/mage(or sub in wizard) not super super dps but decent and alot of fun

I gifted you a free 1 month trial.

If you play on live, I would recommend you use the "MQNext" version when you get to the installer, it will eventually be the standard

There is a process where other members can "Redcent" posts / guides that you list and you can use those redcents to pay for your level 2 sub.

Happy Hunting

Totally off topic, but it is awesome to see Inkie out here over years of forum history hooking people up with level 2 access.

I've been testing the waters a bit myself with MQ2, RG, etc. (Read: Googling a lot), and I just keep finding forum posts with Inkie giving the people what they want.

I watched the videos, but its not clear. Do you run the Kissassit on each toon? do you/should you use the Muleassist at the same ttime? Or would that cause issues?
please don't post and then PM me the exact same question. :( now i'm answering you twice, in two places.

you can only run 1 macro at a time, so pick whichever suites your needs the best

I've watched all of @Sic 's videos (most of them at least twice) because not only are they informative, to the point, and contain great humor, but they are quite entertaining just to learn how this works. I've played EQ since 2000 in the solo, group, and end-game raiding scenes. Now I want to try boxing a couple characters without all the ALT-TAB'ing I've been having to do.

The forum posts here are quite in-depth and can answer most of my questions so I appreciate the community here. It reminds me of the other two great communities I've been a part of pertaining to EQ: the friendly, helpful Test server I've played on since 2013; and the EQEmu community which has provided to me a creative outlet in developing (learning) Perl scripting and server development since 2014.

I truly lack the free time I had as a 20-something when this game was released and the immediate years thereafter, but I don't see myself quitting playing EQ as I enjoy the game, the community of players, and the fun of solving puzzles. EQ is truly a great game because it basically presents the problem and asks the player to "use all available resources to solve it" while there exists numerous solutions with over 16 million possible group-class combinations. I think learning how to implement this boxing software will make the game fun again doing group content when I can't find others during my limited playtime.

Thank you all for your help and I'll certainly try to contribute as much as I can. :)

Do you recommend just starting with VV and KA to get used to all the functions and user interface before jumping into a CWTN class-specific .ini file?
i would definitely suggest just getting familiar with very vanilla and getting a feel of things before you spend any money on "premium" stuff - tho you can try them on test server version included without a license to them.

Thank you for your reply and the cents. I do plan on playing on Test as I said. I'm still trying to learn how to set up VV and KA, maybe trying it with some new level 25s that are /testbuff with all the spells already. Need to work on getting level 2 here it seems. I'm guessing only level 2 folks here can give reactions to posts?

Since you're on test server the plugins come free with the VV test server. You just need to load them. /plugin mq2mage load for example would load the mage plugin. If you have questions stop by the discussion thread for any of those class plugins. But please do read their FAQs and explore the commands a bit first.

Question - Free MQ2 Options?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back