• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Follow me not working (1 Viewer)

RedCents
471¢
Lost power on Pc after reboot the follow me , come to me and mimic me hot keys quit working. using dannet they will follow , but with the hotkeys they run a few steps and stop any help ?

Lost power on Pc after reboot the follow me , come to me and mimic me hot keys quit working. using dannet they will follow , but with the hotkeys they run a few steps and stop any help ?
if you are running kiss or some other macros - sometimes toons will stop navigation to complete what they are doing --- I always pause my dudes when I'm moving otherwise they'll stop halfway

INI:
/mqp --- this is a toggle
/mqp on --- this puts macros to *pause*
/mqp off --- this puts macro to *unpause*

running KA and IHC if I type the command with dannet they will follow but nothing with Bc hotkeys
then yeah - definitely sounds like they didn't connect to your eqbc

do a /bccmd names this will tell you who is connected to your eqbcs --- if they're missing do a /bccmd connect on each toon

I have the same issue ( as do a few friends) all clients are connecting to EQBC but it feels like there is a conflict with Dannet. Trying to wrap my head around the latter as it appears to be a superior plugin (according to reviews)

I have the same issue. I can do a "come to me" call with either a plugin, a hotkey, etc., and some characters will come, others will not. I have to click a few times and then all characters eventually come. But often, the characters will stall irrespective partway across a zone. That has led to a few deaths.

hello im new to mq2 and redguides and im in game with my 3 toons and im trying to get them to follow my tank with the either the follow me or the come to me buttons .. and nothin is working i read above they all connected to eqbc server . and I do not think that i have this plugin dannet loaded cause when i tried to /plugin mq2dannet unload it sent back plugin mq2dannet not found in red .. I know im new and not sure what i'm doing ive been using i s boxer for the last 10+ years and im used to just basic broadcasting bars and macros .. and no fancy stuffz .. any help would be appreciated ..
Edit: ok i fixed follow me , so now they all follow me .. I only loaded plugin advnav on 1 toon not the other 3.. i fgured the plugin only needed to be done on 1 toon .. so once i loaded it on all 3 now they all follow .. However Come to me still doesnt work but i get a different error now its saying cannot navigate-no mesh file loaded .. ? so where do i get this mesh file ? or is it another plugin i need to load ? thanks

EDIT: hiya me again .. so i figured the issue out .. I didnt have any mesh's downloaded into the mq2nav folder .. so I went to mq2 redguides and dowloaded the zip file and extracted all into the mq2nav folder .. then I unloaded the plugin and reloaded it and it works fine :P im soo happy I figured this out on my own .. thank you

Last edited:
hello im new to mq2 and redguides and im in game with my 3 toons and im trying to get them to follow my tank with the either the follow me or the come to me buttons .. and nothin is working i read above they all connected to eqbc server . and I do not think that i have this plugin dannet loaded cause when i tried to /plugin mq2dannet unload it sent back plugin mq2dannet not found in red .. I know im new and not sure what i'm doing ive been using i s boxer for the last 10+ years and im used to just basic broadcasting bars and macros .. and no fancy stuffz .. any help would be appreciated ..
Edit: ok i fixed follow me , so now they all follow me .. I only loaded plugin advnav on 1 toon not the other 3.. i fgured the plugin only needed to be done on 1 toon .. so once i loaded it on all 3 now they all follow .. However Come to me still doesnt work but i get a different error now its saying cannot navigate-no mesh file loaded .. ? so where do i get this mesh file ? or is it another plugin i need to load ? thanks
here is alot of info

Question - Follow me not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Back