• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - First Group Gear Level 110+ (1 Viewer)

sirkenshin

RedCents
494¢
Hello Everyone,

My first group (WAR,CLR,ENC,MAG,BST,WIZ) are levels 110-112 and I'm trying to figure out the optimal method to get them geared for these final stretch of levels. I will share current setup and strategy and welcome any feedback.

Setup
1. Everyone has at LEAST TBM Gear with level 105 Augmentations for slot 9 and slot 5
2. WAR is All Access and has Tier 1 - Snowbound Armor on all visible slots and a primary/secondary equipped from The Eastern Wastes drops
3. CLR has Krono recently activated after it could not keep up with heals as a F2P account
4. Everyone except WAR has Tier 1 - Snowbound Armor on both wrists, hands and head

Strategy
1. Check bazaar prices for rest of Snowbound Armor and non-visible slots I need for entire group
2. Hunt named targets from Ring of Scale Expansion like The Overthere until non-visible slots are equipped for entire group
3. Hunt for AC augmentations for my WAR
4. Upgrade gear from Torment of Velious expansion by completing Group Missions and hunting named targets

Is this how you would gear up your first group on a normal live server? I've seen guides for non-prestige best in slots from current expansions but I'm not geared for that (yet!) and figured older expansion progression was the way to go.

Thank you for your feedback!

i'll snag conflagrant pieces from the bazaar for slots i can't get - jewelry is often hard to come by

Hello Everyone,

My first group (WAR,CLR,ENC,MAG,BST,WIZ) are levels 110-112 and I'm trying to figure out the optimal method to get them geared for these final stretch of levels. I will share current setup and strategy and welcome any feedback.

Setup
1. Everyone has at LEAST TBM Gear with level 105 Augmentations for slot 9 and slot 5
2. WAR is All Access and has Tier 1 - Snowbound Armor on all visible slots and a primary/secondary equipped from The Eastern Wastes drops
3. CLR has Krono recently activated after it could not keep up with heals as a F2P account
4. Everyone except WAR has Tier 1 - Snowbound Armor on both wrists, hands and head

Strategy
1. Check bazaar prices for rest of Snowbound Armor and non-visible slots I need for entire group
2. Hunt named targets from Ring of Scale Expansion like The Overthere until non-visible slots are equipped for entire group
3. Hunt for AC augmentations for my WAR
4. Upgrade gear from Torment of Velious expansion by completing Group Missions and hunting named targets

Is this how you would gear up your first group on a normal live server? I've seen guides for non-prestige best in slots from current expansions but I'm not geared for that (yet!) and figured older expansion progression was the way to go.

Thank you for your feedback!
Your plan for acquiring gear is sound. GMM has a lot of decent non-visible items in the mission chest. Worth doing that a few times to fill up slots.

As for a ftp cleric not keeping up heals - howzzat? I have no issues with a ftp cleric healing 2 groups, but is max aa.

Your plan for acquiring gear is sound. GMM has a lot of decent non-visible items in the mission chest. Worth doing that a few times to fill up slots.

As for a ftp cleric not keeping up heals - howzzat? I have no issues with a ftp cleric healing 2 groups, but is max aa.
My F2P Cleric was level 107 with less than 200 AAs when I popped its first Krono. It could not even keep my WAR alive with 2 cockatrice (unmezzable) attacking it in Lceanium. Those autogrant AAs made quite a difference!

Search 110 FTP. I have most of the ToV gear listed. If you play on a live server, message me. If we're a match, I can hook you up with enough Faded Snowbound to cover your group.

Hello Everyone and thank you for your feedback!

I already see improvement by following these suggestions:

1. Complete GMM missions to get non-visible gear for WAR
2. Search Bazaar for Snowbound and Conflagrant gear to fill slots for everyone else
3. Check power level areas for rotting drops
4. Check raidloot and use 110 FTP Gear and 115 FTP Gear for further upgrades

I just run GMM for Jewelry/Back slots and such and grab faded snowbound armor off bazaar (Both servers I've been on it's been under 50k for a full set, way cheaper than conflag and lower sets, so I just stay in 85-90 gear unless I loot better until 110. I do upgrade weapons regularly).

Last edited:
Discussion - First Group Gear Level 110+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back