• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Find all characters on an account? (1 Viewer)

ToeJamSamy

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
574¢
Necrotizing fasciitis here lol...but this showed up in a google search looking for this info, but the info here is wrong too.

I'm looking for the correct file if there is any, that lists all chars on an account, NOT all chars youve ever logged in using that particular folder.
Just looked at every single one of my files like this, across all eqfolders, and they all either have just the chars logged in since that folder/install on that machine,
AND/OR they have lists of EVERY char ive EVER logged in on that install/machine, from ANY account. Even though it's named [myaccount]_characters, it's listing mostly characters from other accounts.

So, i either have partial lists(the more recent installs) or i have lists with dozen or more accounts all tossed in together, in order of most recently logged in to least recently(as far back on my main install as pre-servermerge aka..Underfoot era)

Does anyone know a more accurate way other than to be at character select?(obviously that's not doable during a patch, and would be tedious and annoying to do across numerous accounts anytime)
Also on the subject...is there a file somewhere in the eq folder that lists all the saved usernames?(obviously not PWs, but it only saves 10 accounts and that might help with the list)

Does anyone know a more accurate way other than to be at character select?(obviously that's not doable during a patch, and would be tedious and annoying to do across numerous accounts anytime)
Also on the subject...is there a file somewhere in the eq folder that lists all the saved usernames?(obviously not PWs, but it only saves 10 accounts and that might help with the list)
I am not sure if this will help you out but you can search your EQ folder for "ini" or you can do "_characters". If all toons are on one server then search "_servername.ini". The "_characters" will pull up all accounts and show the characters made on each account. Searches using "ini" is a bit messy as it brings up toon in as well as UI ini for each toon. May be you can start there and come up with a better solution for your needs.

how interesting. Was doing some checking on how to help out on this and when I right click the eq icon on deskstop and then open file
location then I can see quite a few character names and all those files are UI_joeschmo_ server - its showing each character on each server and not as an account overall

If I then do a search on that same page on "character" I only see 2 listed. The one I use the most and I think the one I use the least but none of the others. The second character listed here is not listed on that first group

Will have to check into this once the game is up as I don't recognize some of those names

If I then do a search on that same page on "character" I only see 2 listed. The one I use the most and I think the one I use the least but none of the others. The second character listed here is not listed on that first group
Try just searching _characters. When I do, it pulls up 24 accounts. Opening the notepad for each shows all characters for that account.

Don't know of a way anymore. Back in the day, EQ had an instant messenger "app" that was standalone if I recall correctly. You were able to see the names (and levels?) of all characters on all servers, on any given account. It was killed off long time ago. Miss that.

Yeah that's the thing. It ONLY shows toons you've logged in in that install. Sometimes it shows other accounts toons inside a different account, sometimes they're separate, sometimes it's a generic _character file.

I know it isn't even always using that folder either, as I copy the same folder over I've used for 15+yrs, every time. However my main machine is only 6yrs old and it has chars listed in the _characters file on server prior to the merge way back 12-14 yes ago, whether or not it also includes them on current server, but also my most recent copy/installlauncher folders don't even have the account I copied them from most recently only the 2 chars each I've logged in in the last year directly through that install(in the characters file, the inis etc are all there but that doesn't delineate between accounts)

It's annoying, but can obviously be done manually, just that gets tedious and I was looking to do it offline. If it was consistent that'd at least be something lol.

Don't know of a way anymore. Back in the day, EQ had an instant messenger "app" that was standalone if I recall correctly. You were able to see the names (and levels?) of all characters on all servers, on any given account. It was killed off long time ago. Miss that.
Yeah that was the best launcher cause it also did the other games, you could load LoN without being in EQ, and talk to people. Wish they'd kept it. It also didn't seem to have a limit of 10accts it'd remember like currently

Discussion - Find all characters on an account?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back