• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Poll - Finally leveling all those twinks of the past! + poll =P (1 Viewer)

Favourite dungeon for twinks

• Najena

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Befallen

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Upper Guk

• Lower Guk

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Unrest

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Mistmore

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Paludal Caverns

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Cazic Thule

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • High Keep / High Pass

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Paw

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Permafrost

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • SolA (goblins and gnomes)

• SolB (Kobolts, bats, beetles, imps, giants)

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • other

Votes: 10 21.3%

• Total voters

Mishka

RedCents
701¢
Heyas! Looking at charater select, you might have numerous alts/mules you have created over the years? Some of them, might have Raid gear and 100hp item slots, but never advanced to level2..

My plan is to finally give those twinks of old some luvvin. With the tools from this site, I believe it will be quite enjoyable to level those toons without PLing (other than the twinked gear from over the years).

Finally time to dust off the Manastone, and with the HP boost nowadays, I think it might be quite enjoyable making hotkeys with a nuke and manastone activation.

I plan to do full clears of Najena, solA and solB + epics at 46. Perhaps also a full clear of Lguk, king and lord, if the exp allows.

What are your favourite area to level up a twinked toon/group and also get the nostalgia feeling?

I never go to the well known old stand bys - you know the ones that are mentioned in every "how to level" guide. I prefer the newer zones like Cresent Reach, the Moors and that line up. Fast quests to add exp to the kills.

Then as I level up to the 20's - 30's I find better experience in LDON's and then even later the Dranik's Waterhole. Those Drankik's are great cause you can camp them out safely and names spawn a lot.

After that its on to Oceangreen and some long forgotten armor goodies.

City of Mist is my favorite....right after you finish in Paludal Cavern.
So many mobs in such a tight area, and a real sense of progression. You start with the front bridge area, and temples..and then move towards the back as levels get higher. Can do about 20 lvls in City of Mist.

Back in the early days, I spent so much time in High Pass, the orcs on the path and the goblins in the dungeon. Now I realise that there are like about 10 mobs total though (maybe an exaggeration) but it seemed so huge to me then, the basement in High Keep in particular.

I also have a soft spot for Runnyeye not in your list, it has a few differ incarnations/mob sets that spawn at various stages on TLP.

Blackburrow another favorite haunt as well as Splitpaw. Feels like my first few months of play was probably spent around Qeynos-> Qeynos Hills->Blackburrow->WK->SK/Splitpaw/EK/High Pass/Runnyeye

Was a long time before I ventured further east or further afield to lands afar.

Nowadays there are far better zones with higher mob populations to mow through etc like Paladul, which are much faster to level there is no doubt.

City of Mist is my favorite....right after you finish in Paludal Cavern.
So many mobs in such a tight area, and a real sense of progression. You start with the front bridge area, and temples..and then move towards the back as levels get higher. Can do about 20 lvls in City of Mist.

You can't beat City of Mist.... the fact that's omitted from this list is a travesty!

You can't beat City of Mist.... the fact that's omitted from this list is a travesty!
Oh yes! Forgot completely about this gem. =P

Remember there was a Slime attacking from under the world, causing those odd wipes back in the day. CoM is also one of those places where you start at the entrance and can grind/level as you advance further into the zone.

I like the idea of doing a full clear of a dungeon and then move on to the next when leveling up new toons.

I love City of Mist, however seldom do I bring a 28+ toon there and not find someone else trying to wipe the zone. Once in a while I've been able to arrange an agreement to split the higher (deepest) area from the lower level front loop just after the bridge.
More often than not it ends up being a race to the kill in which case I log and move to another toon or area until the non agreement player leaves.

Lower Guk got my vote mainly for undead dont run second choice would be the most trained zone of my career, Karnor's Castle

I love City of Mist, however seldom do I bring a 28+ toon there and not find someone else trying to wipe the zone. Once in a while I've been able to arrange an agreement to split the higher (deepest) area from the lower level front loop just after the bridge.
More often than not it ends up being a race to the kill in which case I log and move to another toon or area until the non agreement player leaves.

I mean, if someone is PLing in there they’re usually in and out in about an hour or two. You so quickly outlevel the mobs there that it’s not worth sticking around for longer. And maybe I’m just on a better server, but I’m not sure I’ve ever encountered anyone in there when zoning in. Folks may occasionally wander through, but it’s never been an issue for me.

Karnor's has lots and lots of mobs. It also has tragic pathing, so you have to move your crew as you go, but it's still great for nostolgia. I couldn't get the captain to drop a Jade Mace anymore. I think it's lost to progress :(.

I started leveling the twinks, starting in Cresdent Reach. there was so many places i wanted to go, but i hit early 40ies in CR+Moors. With the Defiant Gear, it is really no issue having 3-4 adds and no mezzer in group. Next I might try to do Epic 1.0 on level, but PoF might be a hazzle breaking in. P

Poll - Finally leveling all those twinks of the past! + poll =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back