• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Games - Finally coming back to EQ! But wait...4X games? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,535¢
Finally able to head back home after the whole Covid-19 (Had to go back and help family). I was unable to take my gaming pc so had to use my laptop. Sad news is my laptop doesn’t like EQ and randomly restarts or shuts down while playing EQ. looks like lots of new things have happened in EQ and RG and I cannot wait to check it all out.

As a side note i was able to play an old game called total annihilation. Anyone ever play it?
It was the first RTS game I got into, then I got into Starcraft.
Well steam had a free weekend to play Stellaris and I ended buying it. Anyone else tried/play stellaris? I really ended up liking 4X games and lost a few hours at a time (like I would with EQ!).

I love TA! I played it when it first came out and then tried it again a few years ago. I really like it, although I think the spiritual sequels are better in every way (Supreme Commander, Forged Alliance, and Supreme Commander 2). Forged Alliance is mostly considered to be the best and that's the one I like the most, but SupCom2 has a mod that really improves it. I started Stellaris a while back but I was too tired and couldn't be bothered reading it all and learning a new game so I put it on hold for a while. I love 4X though, I play Age of Wonders 3 all the time.

Sorry you're having issues with EQ. You can 6 box on nearly any old PC that has 8GB of RAM, which you can find under $100 on eBay or at a PC recycling center:

As for 4x games, I still love Ascendancy

Sorry you're having issues with EQ. You can 6 box on nearly any old PC that has 8GB of RAM, which you can find under $100 on eBay or at a PC recycling center:

I think it has to do something with my graphics card (Intel 580)or the fact it’s a toshiba satellite Which I’ve read it having issues. Prob should get a new laptop

As for 4x games, I still love Ascendancy

I’ll have to look that up thanks for the suggestion!

I love TA! I played it when it first came out and then tried it again a few years ago. I really like it, although I think the spiritual sequels are better in every way (Supreme Commander, Forged Alliance, and Supreme Commander 2). Forged Alliance is mostly considered to be the best and that's the one I like the most, but SupCom2 has a mod that really improves it. I started Stellaris a while back but I was too tired and couldn't be bothered reading it all and learning a new game so I put it on hold for a while. I love 4X though, I play Age of Wonders 3 all the time.

okay good I was going to ask someone who has played TA and if they tried the successors. Just found out about them when I got TA.

Those computers linked from Freegeekchicago are Linux based...does that work with EQ?

Might have to look into that
Technically yes, thanks to this guide by @thedank

you can also just put windows on them

Shutting down / restarts often suggests it is overheating which in a laptop is usually because the fan is full of dust. Maybe try squirting a compressed air can at the fan or if you feel like replacing it you could do that. Where I live there is a local guy with a shop who replaces laptop fans for not too bad a price.

You can also look into shadow pc service. Any garbage laptop.pc can run 12 accounts easy no lag etc. I use a 250 Walmart hp laptop

Games - Finally coming back to EQ! But wait...4X games?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back