• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Favorite Duo (1 Viewer)

reefrash

RedCents
409¢
hi all!

Ive been alt-tab boxing for a year before getting into MQ here a few months ago. I was a 20yr absent player just checking it out for old times sake, and really enjoyed the quality of life fixes (mercs and all). Started the second account shammy about a month in, and had a blast running though the old zones (and checking out the content i couldnt get to back in the old days). Added the third bard account not long after that, because bard, and then started my mage account and then the druid to port everyone around come a year out.

Loading up everything by hand and running around is a real pita, and of course very underperforming (though find for grinding and lower level zones). Often i would just load up a couple of toons to run around and do hunters and such. It wasnt planned but i ended up with a 120 ranger (enjoyed playing it so much), and grouped with my mage it was a kick ass combo. The pulling, CC, dps, tankage worked great together and the mage pet takes so little damage that the combo can heal decently enough even. On bosses needed to pop the healer merc though.

Well, now that im using CTWN plugins and other automation loading and moving is not a issue anymore =).
But I just had an item to grind out where a full crew would be overkill (green cons). And since a public zone i wanted to bring the small team as possible. I ended up trying my paladin and mage (no merc) and they kicked ass. Not something thats going to work at higher levels, but was a fun grind session watching them tear through everything. the mage puts out killer dps on greens and paladin more than able to tank large packs of greens.

Do other folks run just a couple of your toons sometimes? Have a favorite duo?

Happy MQing all, and thanks to the devs and folks here who have given eq extra life!

2 necros ... if im not boxing im playing the greatest strongest class in the game ... and like doublemint gum ill double my fun and alt tab two

I quite often just run about with War/Shm or War/Shm/Brd

Full groups just aren't necessary in modern content, not even for hero missions.

Feels less conspicuous also ;)

SK/shaman is probably the best way to eventually grow to a full squad.

I really like the double Necro idea if you have no plans to expand. Double mage would be similar. Depending on your tastes, running double would be either boring or easier

steve martin swamp GIF

my two favs are SK/Shm and Enc /Clr for charm shenanigans

Discussion - Favorite Duo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back