• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Fav Adult Beverage (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,533¢
Alright so I'm curious what everyone's fav adult beverage is. Feel free to answer this as your goto beverage, a treat-your-self/special occasion, or list multiple categories for beer//liquor//wine!

Typical - Negroni
Loves to shoot - Fernet
Treat-your-self - Espresso Martini

Wine - I love so much but usually white is a chenin blanc or red is barolo or big juicy reds.

Beer - Stouts or Hazy IPA

Typical - Lager
Loves to shoot - aquavit is more or less the only thing i shoot. i like to sip my drinks.
Treat-your-self - Omnipollo Noa Pecan mud. high in alcohol and VERY expensive, so not only can i only drink one without getting tipsy, i cant afford many of them either ;)

Wine - i havent tried a wine that i like. it all taste sour to me.

Beer - Imperial Stout

Ohhh.... this is a fun thread.

Loves to Shoot: Nothing, I'm not 22 anymore
Typical: (Whiskey) Bourbon or Scotch, neat or with 2-3 small ice cubes (or 1 big ice cube), Bourbon favorites right now are Woodford Reserve Double-Oaked, Four Roses Single Barrel, Elijah Craig Small Batch, Eagle Rare. Can find most of those in the store at any given time (except the Eagle Rare), which is good... there are lots of bourbons that are super rare on the primary market or super expensive on the secondary market... not worth it, imo. For Scotch, my tastes vary. I like something with some peat, but not something with a ton of peat like Laphroaig. Glenfiddich 12 or Macallan 12 are favorites, with the Macallan 12 being slightly better (imo). If you spend a few more $$$ and bump up to the 18 year, stuff gets insanely good. Glenfiddich 18 is awesome. (Beer) Pilsners and sours ... almost any will do. Right now I'm digging Dogfish Head's Super Eight. (Wine) The wife loves a deep red (think Bordeaux), but I prefer something more subtle. Doro Valley (Portugal) isn't just the region that produces port wines, they also make some insane reds and whites. Love'm. I'll also never kick a solid Tuscan wine out of bed. Wine has so many varieties and presentations its just really really hard to pick one or two.
Treat-yo-Self: A 2010, 2012-2013, 2015 brunello di montalcino (wine). A good one will set you back $80-$100+, but you'll get an insane bottle that you can either drink or hold onto (if you store it properly). For whiskey, I'm still on the hunt for a EH Taylor Small Batch or Blantons, but my "go big or go home" bottle would be a Pappy's 10-year or, if I strike it rich and make lots of friends with alcohol distributors, a Pappy's 23-year.

EQ is my addiction now. Liquor is no longer in the picture. So its unsweetened tea, water and maybe a Pepsi or Dr Pepper now and then

So your favorite adult beverage is the same as my 8 year old niece?

Loves to Shoot: With Sum1 on this, don't do shots anymore... :)
Typical: Sadly I have rather expensive tastes and LOVE Whiskey, currently drinking my way through a bottle of Glenlivet XXV (25 Year Old) [LINK]. As a point of note only add water or ice to Whiskey if it's a pretty high proof, you'll need that to bring out the flavours, on lower proofs you don't really need to add anything to get the full taste but it can sometimes enhance the flavours. Check this out to see the science behind it [LINK]
Treat-yo-Self: My dad just bought a bottle of this, and it's now on my buy next list, Macallan 29 Year Old (That Boutique-y Whisky Company) [LINK] damn it's soooooooooooo good, Also best treat is doing a Whiskey tour and tasting session when I'm up in Scotland :)

Loves to Shoot: With Sum1 on this, don't do shots anymore... :)
Typical: Sadly I have rather expensive tastes and LOVE Whiskey, currently drinking my way through a bottle of Glenlivet XXV (25 Year Old) [LINK]. As a point of note only add water or ice to Whiskey if it's a pretty high proof, you'll need that to bring out the flavours, on lower proofs you don't really need to add anything to get the full taste but it can sometimes enhance the flavours. Check this out to see the science behind it [LINK]
Treat-yo-Self: My dad just bought a bottle of this, and it's now on my buy next list, Macallan 29 Year Old (That Boutique-y Whisky Company) [LINK] damn it's soooooooooooo good, Also best treat is doing a Whiskey tour and tasting session when I'm up in Scotland :)

I can appreciate the more expensive taste, which is easy to do with scotch (thanks to the dumbass tariff this admin put on products from the EU ... I'm not certain the tariffs on imports from scotland were ever rescinded when the UK left the EU earlier this year... guess that's an open question). When those tariffs drove up the price of scotch I started getting more into bourbon, which is the only reason I know anything about it.

For those interested in learning more, watch these two documentaries:

Scotch -- Scotch: The Golden Dram
Bourbon -- Neat: The Story of Bourbon

I enjoy sampling all different brands and flavors of local made IPA, and visiting the breweries, also have been training to try and run some of their races with my brother, I am a big ogre looking guy so my walking has helped me lose some weight and I am looking forward to completing a race this upcoming year.

Typical - Miller Lite/Coors Light
Loves to shoot - Peanut butter whiskey (age is only a number!)
Treat Yoself - Crown Royal & Sprite/7up

wine - never had one I liked

beer - Typically a miller lite or Coors light but I do enjoy double or imperial ipas from time to time. Dogfishead 90 minute is delicious.

Typical: (Whiskey) Bourbon or Scotch, neat or with 2-3 small ice cubes (or 1 big ice cube), Bourbon favorites right now are Woodford Reserve Double-Oaked, Four Roses Single Barrel, Elijah Craig Small Batch, Eagle Rare. Can find most of those in the store at any given time (except the Eagle Rare), which is good... there are lots of bourbons that are super rare on the primary market or super expensive on the secondary market... not worth it, imo. For Scotch, my tastes vary. I like something with some peat, but not something with a ton of peat like Laphroaig. Glenfiddich 12 or Macallan 12 are favorites, with the Macallan 12 being slightly better (imo). If you spend a few more $$$ and bump up to the 18 year, stuff gets insanely good. Glenfiddich 18 is awesome.

Have you tried any japanese whiskey? Most are blendhouses with scotch and make some AMAZING stuff! Suntory Hibiki harmony is my fav right now either neat or in a nice highball with highly carbonated soda water. Always a fan of Woodford or Angels Envy. I tried Elijah Craig in a whiskey flight and really enjoyed their small batch. I feel the same as Macallan 12 and 18. Sidenote ever get a chance to try a cognac Louis xiii?

(Beer) Pilsners and sours ... almost any will do. Right now I'm digging Dogfish Head's Super Eight. (Wine) The wife loves a deep red (think Bordeaux), but I prefer something more subtle. Doro Valley (Portugal) isn't just the region that produces port wines, they also make some insane reds and whites. Love'm. I'll also never kick a solid Tuscan wine out of bed. Wine has so many varieties and presentations its just really really hard to pick one or two.

I'll def look into doro valley as I like their ports. I haven't tried any of their reds or whites. I know it is hard to really pick wines since there is so many varietals and each year brings out different flavors (then wine makers using different barrels and aging times!)

Treat-yo-Self: A 2010, 2012-2013, 2015 brunello di montalcino (wine). A good one will set you back $80-$100+, but you'll get an insane bottle that you can either drink or hold onto (if you store it properly). For whiskey, I'm still on the hunt for a EH Taylor Small Batch or Blantons, but my "go big or go home" bottle would be a Pappy's 10-year or, if I strike it rich and make lots of friends with alcohol distributors, a Pappy's 23-year.

Some fantastic years for brunello! I had a 2012 I had saved and opened it for my bday during covid. Absolute delight. How do you feel about barolo's?

I heard really good stuff about Japanese whiskeys, as well, but don't recall having any. I spent some time in Japan and Okinawa, but we were always just acting stupid and getting wasted, rather than really enjoying what we were having. In fact, now that I think about it, there was an amazing scotch/whiskey bar in Singapore that I took for granted back then but would probably REALLY love right now. Hrm... I may have to go back.

We have a 2010 (I think) brunello saved that we paid about 52 euros for in Italy back in 2016/2017. We've been saving it for a special occasion ... same with a 30 year old bottle of port. We didn't bust those out when we had our daughter, but maybe we should have! haha.

My wife LOVES barolo's for the same reason she loves Bordeaux wines. If it's a big, bold, and DRY red, chances are she's going to enjoy it. I like barolo's, but am less married to bold flavors and super dry wines. We would go to the French Independent Wine Makers Expo every year in Strasbourg and I could put money on the fact that my wife would go in, get her tasting glass, and immediately head out to find those reds... skipping right past the champagne and whites that you technically should start with lol.

Typical - pbr
Loves to shoot - malort. wouldn't say I love it, it's just a shortcut to respect in chicago.
Treat-your-self - margarita, home-made & fresh squeezed.

Wine - buttery, california chardonnay. yeah I'm basic, kendall jackson or la crema. pair that with a dungeness crab and I'm in heaven.

Beer - people bring over the wackiest stuff, it's all very good. the better the artwork on the label, the better the beer.

I love getting to know this since I work in the restaurant industry and *hopefully* working towards a somm title.
Good luck! I watched a documentary on people trying to attain the master somm title, it looks incredibly difficult. RL epic quest

EQ is my addiction now. Liquor is no longer in the picture. So its unsweetened tea, water and maybe a Pepsi or Dr Pepper now and then
Nothing like waking up and feeling refreshed right? Green tea / herbal tea gets me through the winter

Wine - i havent tried a wine that i like. it all taste sour to me.
it's like they're using sour grapes or something

diet dr pepper, since i do not drink does this count?
there are no children who drink diet dr pepper, so yes it counts.

Ain't no laws when you're drinking claws, baby.
am i wrong or is this stuff just gin & seltzer in a can?

Dogfishead 90 minute is delicious.
that's something every beer drinker can agree on

I'm a rum type. My two favourites are both neat.
Dos Madres 5+5 XO (I think it's an XO)
And
El Dorado 21 year. The 25'is amazing, but it's a solid 500-700USD a bottle. And it isn't THAT good.

I'm fond of Canadian whiskeys and also bourbons, but nothing in particular stands out - most are mixed with Dr pepper.

Red wines are great. Some of the cheap table red blends like apothic and the 19 crimes are pretty good. A bit sweet though. Otherwise, oaky / rummy merlots and cab sauv works. Oh! Cooper.And thief has a very.tasty.red blend as well. It's a bit sweet but holy moly it's good.

I don't really do whites, but Dr loosen makes a great Riesling (auslese is solid) if you like sugar marauding as wine.

Beers...are mostly Belgians or wheats. IPAs are swill. Come fall, I'll dig into a few Oktoberfests, and schlafly (st Louis mo) makes what I would consider the very best pumpkin beer. 8%, tastes exactly like homemade pumpkin pie. Kentucky bourbon barrel also makes a pretty killer pumpkin. The rest, imo, don't compare.

am i wrong or is this stuff just gin & seltzer in a can?

It's a gluten-free cane sugar alcohol. I'm not really a fan because vodka sodas made with Waterloo or LaCroix are stealthier for drinking in public and have stronger flavors. I don't drink in public as often as the preceding statement might lead you to believe.

Red wines are great. Some of the cheap table red blends like apothic and the 19 crimes are pretty good. A bit sweet though. Otherwise, oaky / rummy merlots and cab sauv works. Oh! Cooper.And thief has a very.tasty.red blend as well. It's a bit sweet but holy moly it's good.

I don't really do whites, but Dr loosen makes a great Riesling (auslese is solid) if you like sugar marauding as wine.

As a general table everyday wine I have def had my fair share of apothic wines (especially during quarentine). I will keep a lookout for cooper and theif, always enjoy a red blend. Also a fan of Dr Loosen riesling!

Loves to shoot - malort. wouldn't say I love it, it's just a shortcut to respect in chicago.
It is a typical chicago drink we locals love to make others drink for the fun of it! Born and raised for 30 years around Chicagoland.

Wine - buttery, california chardonnay. yeah I'm basic, kendall jackson or la crema. pair that with a dungeness crab and I'm in heaven.
Not going to lie, I have really enjoyed that pairing!

Asahi Black. It's like a Shinerbock, but it has a definitively Japanese undertone. Quite pricey in my area, but worth it.

Beer - depending what I am eating/doing, and/or how fast I want to get fucked up.
Redhook Longhammer (IPA) is my shit.
Corona when doing mexican, prefer with lemon over lime.
Bud Light Platinum if I just want to chillax.
Bud Light Orange if I want to basically drink candy.
Guinness via bottle or Irish tap (not in America) depending on company / food. I can never go back to Guinness on tap here in the US, after downing a dozen in a night in Dublin.

Hard liquor
Redbull+Vodka (preferable cherry vodka) If I want to get fucked up but be so jacked that I'm having a great time regardless - required to have 4-5 of these at a minimum
Hypnotic+Hennessey
Midori Tea (it's a long island or AMF, but midori (melon liquor) instead of triple sec / blue caracao)

Four Roses whiskey. Crystal Head vodka. Cheap night is a glass of two of $10-15 Sauv Blanc wine. I used to be into beer but not so much anymore. Way too many calories for the amount of beer I would want to drink.

IRL - Fav Adult Beverage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back