• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Extended Downtime Announcement - Tuesday, February 11, 2020 (1 Viewer)

dontrootmebro

RedCents
1,271¢
"Hello Everyone,

Below is the initial post to let all players know of an extended downtime update that is necessary to complete a one-time data migration. We will be posting occasional reminders in the coming days and will have one final one the morning of in order to make sure you are all prepared.

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 10:00 AM PST for an extended update. Downtime is expected to last
approximately 24 hours." dreamweaver

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...announcement-tuesday-february-11-2020.262904/

Better make an inventory/housing dump. Remove everything from shared bank, I would go as far as pulling up all your property items.
Do not have anything in parcels. Really do not have plat in the shared bank. Screenshots of the character screen.

As you can tell, not much trust from my side.

* Dump you guild rosters just in case.

So what would everyone suggest to backup all my guys? Real estate, inventory, banks etc I saw Fanra had an inventory report for 14 characters but not having much luck getting it to run. I know how to do outputfile - maybe a zip file like when moving the game from one computer to another?

Edit - ok I went thru all the output files - there were two I didn't know about - guild and guild bank. Also I have taken screen shots of the plat in my bank. Guess I could do the same for parcels.

Last edited:
Might be related to the companies being split. Make sure any overlapping server resources like login checks or subscriber status are being split too. In case they decide to sell off one company.

Even if not for selling purposes, shared resources have to be either split or billed back for revenue and cost center allocations. It's probably easier to split than to estimate load and cost for cross company charges.

Last edited:
Better make an inventory/housing dump. Remove everything from shared bank, I would go as far as pulling up all your property items.
Do not have anything in parcels. Really do not have plat in the shared bank. Screenshots of the character screen.

As you can tell, not much trust from my side.

* Dump you guild rosters just in case.
*cough*
This pretty much is the sentiment I was having in mind, too.
I don't really trust them with a "one time data migration".

What I could see is that they are moving the EQ servers to the new domain - so 24h is a pretty safe guess for worldwide updating of nameservers (although 48h would be pretty much failsafe).
But then - like others said - it could also be they are doing this for internal billing reasons so daybreak can bill back the server cost and things to each company.

So far I cannot see a similiar announcement for EQ2. Could well be they are just switching database or nas storage or whatever which might only apply to EQ at this point.

Found this in the EQ Forums. Now would they tell us straight up? Probably not but it's something!
Gherig said:
“Is this Data Center change related the formation of Darkpaw Games? It was assumed Daybreak would operate the Data Centers for all games still. Is each studio now going contract its own Data Farms?”
It is not, this was a planned change under Daybreak, Darkpaw is not operating it's own data centers at this time.

My guess is they are probably switching databases, my company recently had to switch from Mysql to MariaDB, because mysql costs money under Oracle. It is ok if you want to stay on an old version, but if you want to upgrade you need to migrate or pay.

Long as they don't lose my luggage. Am sure the movie on the flight will suck. I am planning on doubling what they estimate the time will be to be safe. I don't want to see the sun so I am going to pull a Smaug and try to sleep or be passed out. I can only watch so many tiny house youtube videos though.

News - Extended Downtime Announcement - Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back