• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Evolving Cloak from Mission: When One Door Closes. (1 Viewer)

Bring the mob down really low oh HP, then leave. Then soft tank until your ready to kill it. I brought it down to like 15%, then soft tanked.
tried it out without the bst and bard, ran out of time =(

I seem to be having trouble getting the mobs to camp after the hotfix for other stuff. I have less time to dps and wait for the debuff than i used to.

How are you guys getting the mobs over to the side with the good guys early enough? Do you leap and dps the mobs over on the other side till the named and leap back?

i set up on the little area to the right off the bridge. can do the whole mission there but if you are trying to get the cure achev you can take the boss back to the good side.

doing the leap after the start and killing all but named worked great, I then sent my guys back to the other side and waited for named to come over. Then sent the 2 that had the achiev out, held her at 10%, got 2 more people dotted, then the centi add popped, so had to kill. Now i am just 2 guys away from completing that achiev.

Level 5 Done. How many levels are there to this thing...
You tell us! If it's like the Rallos Ear I'm guessing there will be a raid version. Although it already has a type 8 slot.
Type 19 (Devotee) is dropping from Trash in the Darklight mission. I think this maybe wrong as it is a raid augmentation.

Type 18 (Acolyte) I am told drops from trash in the Shadow Haven Mission. I have yet to confirm this. Drops from namers in SH and PC I am now being told.
I had 2 Acolyte's Focus of the Selenelions drop off nameds in Darklight Caverns today

You tell us! If it's like the Rallos Ear I'm guessing there will be a raid version. Although it already has a type 8 slot.

I had 2 Acolyte's Focus of the Selenelions drop off nameds in Darklight Caverns today
I had an Acolyte's drop off named in PD and SVD. I don't think it is very common since I only got those 2 while completing hunter for PD, SH and SVD

I am having the opposite experience, I have been getting the cloak at least 50% of the time I do the mission, have managed to fill my box team with the cloak and a good number of guldmates as well at this point, doing that mission 4x a day at this point.

I have done like 30 missions and gotten 7 drops. I believe this cloak can be dropped from a name also.
I do not know which name, my guildie said he was trained with a name and it dropped this cloak.

tried it out without the bst and bard, ran out of time =(

I seem to be having trouble getting the mobs to camp after the hotfix for other stuff. I have less time to dps and wait for the debuff than i used to.

How are you guys getting the mobs over to the side with the good guys early enough? Do you leap and dps the mobs over on the other side till the named and leap back?
When the boss goes active, tag with tank then just hit the golem aura with your group. You'll all fly back to zone in and she'll run after you. Golems should be far end of bridge at that point, giving you lots of time.

When the boss goes active, tag with tank then just hit the golem aura with your group. You'll all fly back to zone in and she'll run after you. Golems should be far end of bridge at that point, giving you lots of time.

They used to just come over to the good side with enough time to kill them slow there for the achievements. Now it seems to be a pain to even get the mobs to agro so you can kill them. I still win the event, but it isn't near as easy as it used to be.

Ok I've been thinking about this way too much, but I figured it out. What deathlock posted as the Level 6 cloak is actually the Level 5 cloak fully evolved (Aged gets added to the previous cloak name when 100% of that level) . Hunter is the last group based Cloak then, and the rest should require raid achieves. My guess is it will go Conqueror --> Vanquisher.

Hello just wondering if you tried the collects achievement to see if that was a level

It's been confirmed on the official forms that it is not, prior to one or more of the raid achieves anyways. Champion -> Paragon -> Challenger -> Slayer is the group path to a Level 5 Cloak. Beyond that will have to wait until March when the last tier of the raids are released.

so I didn't do enough research, and I've been doing collections to upgrade my cloak to nebulous. i was wrong. next is raid after eclipsed 😭

INI:
/alias checkCloaks /dga /if ($\{InvSlot[Back].Item.Name.Find[Selenelion]} && $\{InvSlot[Back].Item.Name.Find[Aged ]} && !${InvSlot[Back].Item.Name.Find[Eclipsed]}) /dgt all My $\{InvSlot[Back].Item.Name} needs EVOLVED

Adjust "Eclipsed" to the level your crew is stuck on, achievement wise.

INI:
/alias checkCloaks /dga /if ($\{InvSlot[Back].Item.Name.Find[Selenelion]} && $\{InvSlot[Back].Item.Name.Find[Aged ]} && !${InvSlot[Back].Item.Name.Find[Eclipsed]}) /dgt all My $\{InvSlot[Back].Item.Name} needs EVOLVED

Adjust "Eclipsed" to the level your crew is stuck on, achievement wise.
mq2status can tell you the status of your evolved item(s)

/status evolve name like /status evolve aged

if it isn't currently an evolving item, it'll tell you too

So collects is before that? I'm having some trouble lining up the unlocks to Level 6.

Level 2) Champion
Level 3) Paragon
Level 4) Challenger
Level 5) Collections?
Level 6) Hunter?
Level 7) Raids
collects are not needed
OP posted "6th cloak" but it was just an Aged version of the previous cloak. The Aged versions of each cloaks are just the evolved versions of the next tier. My crew has the Aged Eclipsed cloaks all except my main had it before they finished their collects.
1= Chest (loot from One Door Closes mission in Ruins of Shadow Haven)
2 = Champion (finish all Mercenary and Partisian quests in the expansion)
3 = Paragon (Beat all group Missions for Hero's in the expansion)
4 = Challenger (Earn all Group Missions Achievements in the expansion)
5 = Nightslayer (Kill all Hunter Nameds in the expansion)
6 = Something to do with Raid, unknown yet, probably hasn't been unlocked to this date.

If that's a cloak 6, then I don't think there's a 7 as there's no preview etc at least in that SS, or a %

Bans - Evolving Cloak from Mission: When One Door Closes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back