• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Everquest takes another hit! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,741¢
EG7 stock was down 20% today!

Went searching and found today's press release where Daybreak is going to put up almost $23M to fund a new game from Cold Iron. It would appear their stockholders weren't enthused about the idea!

I just don't understand stocks. I would think investments in a new product vs the status quo of nothing new would cause it to drop, not the opposite.

I just don't understand stock
There's nothing to understand, it's all just made up numbers. Stock price doesn't reflect the health of a company. The advertised "stock price" is simply the last reported transaction in which that stock changed hands from one rich asshole to another rich asshole.

EG7 stock was down 20% today!

Went searching and found today's press release where Daybreak is going to put up almost $23M to fund a new game from Cold Iron. It would appear their stockholders weren't enthused about the idea!

I assume that the investors believe in the current content daybreak provides and dont think starting a new venture will benefit the company, or shareholders. Meaning, they don’t have enough manpower or resources to both develop a new game and support the existing ones.

So investors think this will overall hurt the value of the company as games like EQ become less supported and subscribers leave.

Who knows with stocks. The price is seldom based in reality.
Stocks respond to hearsay, rumors, and panic as well as facts. But with stuff like this, everyone selling thinks this is a bad idea. The people buying think it's a good idea. Unlikely that any of them know how it's going to turn out.

Cold Iron was carved out at the time of EG7’s acquisition of Daybreak due to the parties not being able to agree on the terms for its inclusion.

Now its coming in again via backdoor. That got to anger some people and trigger some shenanigans, perhaps explaining the drop in eg stock value.

Its beyond me how OP concludes from this that "Everquest" took "another" hit.

We'll never know what is truly going on behind the curtain at Gonad Global. I love EQ but it's not something I'd invest in at all, maybe someday I'll eat my words but I just don’t see the upside.

Last edited:
We'll never know what is truly going on behind the curtain at Gonad Global. I love EQ but it's not something I'd invest in at all, maybe someday I'll eat my words but ai just down see the upside.
@methodx well considering you’re spending time…i’d say you’re heavily invested. That’s the most important asset you’ll ever have … since you have a limited amount on this earth and are unlikely to ever get more than your share…food for thought…

Think About It GIF by Identity

Its beyond me how OP concludes from this that "Everquest" took "another" hit.

Everquest, along with every other existing DBG project will be starved for investment funds by this move. They will just continue to milk the cash cow while making minimal investments or improvements.

Which is nothing new by the way. It's already happening. Remember all the talk about Everquest hiring new talent? If you check their corporate site there are no job openings any longer for Everquest-related positions.

Everquest, along with every other existing DBG project will be starved for investment funds by this move. They will just continue to milk the cash cow while making minimal investments or improvements.

Which is nothing new by the way. It's already happening. Remember all the talk about Everquest hiring new talent? If you check their corporate site there are no job openings any longer for Everquest-related positions.
The title is just hyperbole and your accusations dont fit the facts.

64bit, DX11, new UI .. they are making substantial investements to keep the cow giving milk.
And to be honest, all i want is them milking the cow as it is instead of changing it too much or even axing it.

As for the dev jobs. I am no insider, but i would assume the team is full and the 25th Anniv development is in full swing.

The title is just hyperbole and your accusations dont fit the facts.

64bit, DX11, new UI .. they are making substantial investements to keep the cow giving milk.
And to be honest, all i want is them milking the cow as it is instead of changing it too much or even axing it.

As for the dev jobs. I am no insider, but i would assume the team is full and the 25th Anniv development is in full swing.
new ui that is a mess, people pleaded that more work has to be done before going live.
dx11 .. have your even loaded on test ? its a bigger mess than the UI for a lot of people. apparently not going live just yet (have my doubts)

we will see which dev's show up for beta, or how much it is worse than last year. thinking we are going to miss some of the old faces.

Last edited:
News - Everquest takes another hit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back