• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - EQBC (1 Viewer)

Noob001

RedCents
208¢
Should I be using EQBCS.exe, EQBCS2.exe or EQBCS-eqmule.exe?

Reason for asking is Im experiencing some lag while running KISS, not game related but macro related, like characters pausing random times to run back to camp or buffing and casting or even reaction times when mobs are in camp.

Should I be using EQBCS.exe, EQBCS2.exe or EQBCS-eqmule.exe?

Reason for asking is Im experiencing some lag while running KISS, not game related but macro related, like characters pausing random times to run back to camp or buffing and casting or even reaction times when mobs are in camp.
IMO, there should just be one uber eqbc that does all the stuff.

Having said that, eqbc appears to have some issues for folks over time, unless you are in "High Priority" mode in windows for that .exe - I personally use eqbcs2.exe and don't have the same problem.

The mule version has some different functionality (and i believe it also does not have the need for high priority mode).

One or two folks report the same issue I have with eqbcs with eqbcs2

Sounds unusual that you are having "Macro related" lag. What leads you to believe it is eqbc?

New to this, but I thought macros executed via the EQBC, or am I wrong? expecially in group so when assist is called or low mana or hp they can announce and the group can react ....
the macros communicate via eqbc for some things (like outputting if you have it output on abilities being used), but the actual macro doing stuff exists in memory

Noob001,

In regards to binds taking time to react once issued. I've mentioned this in the past when dealing with Farm.mac

Binds are only checked if you leave the function it was called in because they are pushed to the top of a "queue" so to speak. But if you don't leave the existing function, it never checks the top of the queue to see what should be done next.

Essentially, anytime KA is locked in a loop waiting for something to happen, it can't react to a bind because it never leaves the current function to check the queue. Once it's no longer locked in a loop it will check the queue and issue the command.

a solution I found was to call an empty function while I'm locked into a loop. This will force it to keep checking the queue to see if I should issue a bind.

While I realize this doesn't do much for you that I've explained it, at least you understand why it is happening that way, and you'll know that the way it is acting is how it should act.

Does anyone else have issues starting EQBCS? It just says:

Error binding to requested socket. ERRNO=0x00000009
Server::Start() Failed.

I had this issue before, but it went away when I had to reboot for other reasons. This started after Wednesday's EQ patch, and rebooting is not helping. I set the app and the port so that they would not be blocked by the firewall.

Also, EQBCS2 loads, but I cannot attach to it once I start EQ.

Is anyone else having this issue? I feel like there's something simple I'm missing.

Looking for a list of commands for EQBCS, but specifically to MQP entire group. Thanks in advance. Hrmmm I should just log into discord and ask lol, novel idea.

Looking for a list of commands for EQBCS, but specifically to MQP entire group. Thanks in advance. Hrmmm I should just log into discord and ask lol, novel idea.
/bcga //mqp on <-- this broadcasts to everyone in your Group (bcg), including yourself (a) and has everyone do an MQP on (macroQuest Pause On)
/bcga //mqp off<-- this broadcasts to everyone in your Group (bcg), including yourself (a) and has everyone do an MQP off (MacroQuest Pause Off)

Does anyone else have issues starting EQBCS? It just says:

Error binding to requested socket. ERRNO=0x00000009
Server::Start() Failed.

I had this issue before, but it went away when I had to reboot for other reasons. This started after Wednesday's EQ patch, and rebooting is not helping. I set the app and the port so that they would not be blocked by the firewall.

Also, EQBCS2 loads, but I cannot attach to it once I start EQ.

Is anyone else having this issue? I feel like there's something simple I'm missing.
Did you ever fix this?

Tech - EQBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back