• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - EQ thread from FB group: item memorializing player. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,123¢
The screenshots tell the story, but this is from an EQ Facebook group. I thought it was a touching memorial and reminds me we are a small, connected community.

from the post:

My son was 7 when we started playing EQ together. He played a mage for a short while, but it didn't stick and once he started playing his ranger, Ilulawen (or Lululululululoooooo as we frequently hooted at him) he was in it to win it. This summer, on July 8--just 11 days before his 29th birthday, he was killed in a car accident on his way to work. Tonight I found out that one of my guild mates pulled a string or two (love you Fin, you're the best!) and Ilulawen is going to be immortalized with a bow named after him in the upcoming expansion (stats deleted because I'm not trying to piss anyone off!) This tribute is truly an amazing one, so perfectly suited to the person my son was, in the forum that mattered most to him. I am so honored and so humbled by this gesture, it really means the world. So few things have helped ease my pain through this tragedy, but this is certainly among the best. I'm blessed... no, WE were both blessed... to be a part of this community and a part of such an amazing, caring and supportive guild. Love you guys, you're the best! <3 --Zephrine

Attachments

• 7A599F09-BE3F-48EF-9FF8-6DECDFECF7B1.jpeg
    7A599F09-BE3F-48EF-9FF8-6DECDFECF7B1.jpeg
    706.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 8887E086-EBD1-4F1E-932C-895159EE53DA.jpeg
    8887E086-EBD1-4F1E-932C-895159EE53DA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
The screenshots tell the story, but this is from an EQ Facebook group. I thought it was a touching memorial and reminds me we are a small, connected community.

from the post:

My son was 7 when we started playing EQ together. He played a mage for a short while, but it didn't stick and once he started playing his ranger, Ilulawen (or Lululululululoooooo as we frequently hooted at him) he was in it to win it. This summer, on July 8--just 11 days before his 29th birthday, he was killed in a car accident on his way to work. Tonight I found out that one of my guild mates pulled a string or two (love you Fin, you're the best!) and Ilulawen is going to be immortalized with a bow named after him in the upcoming expansion (stats deleted because I'm not trying to piss anyone off!) This tribute is truly an amazing one, so perfectly suited to the person my son was, in the forum that mattered most to him. I am so honored and so humbled by this gesture, it really means the world. So few things have helped ease my pain through this tragedy, but this is certainly among the best. I'm blessed... no, WE were both blessed... to be a part of this community and a part of such an amazing, caring and supportive guild. Love you guys, you're the best! <3 --Zephrine

I am so sorry for your loss. This is something that keeps surprising me about the EQ community. No matter how many years go by or who you have played with, you will always have a home. I am very happy for you that the EQ Devs are doing this and I will keep it also as a reminder. Life is too short sometimes and from a fellow Ranger:

"May the winds of Norrath take your sail and show you the way. The world awaits with all of it's splendor."

RIP

IRL - EQ thread from FB group: item memorializing player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back