• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - EQ Re- re- (re?-) returner (1 Viewer)

Rotundas

RedCents
45¢
Hello all,

I've just unboxed EQ for the umpteenth time since I first rushed the box home from the day it hit the shelves at my rinky-dink small town Walmart... Which ended in a disastrous lesson for how NOT to buy software your GPU cant handle, then how NOT to install a new one without frying it with my excited, static-y little hands, before I finally was able to first hook myself on that addictive theme. My, EQ's come along way eh (I'd like to think me too)??

Once again, I find myself coming back to it! For the first time, I've been true boxing a bit. I started with a SHD/BRD box, then added a few options, swapping BRD for ENC or MAG or swapping DRU for SHM... cant seem to shake that SK tho!! :P EQ, for me, is like a getaway within my home: good tunes and an hour here or there of peeking at the seemingly endless new content from over the years and leaning into the old fashioned grind.

I play Live on Druzzil Ro, my toons are all in their early 70s now, and I'm starting to really get tired of swapping screens and meticulously button mashing (even on my paltry three box). I've watched the intro vids for these forums and was pretty much dead sold when I saw that the follow pathing is much improved with a little help from some friends. So, here I am! I'm really just looking for a little help on the lift for button mashing, targeting, autofollow, travel, etc. I don't *think* that I'll ever want a heavy assist or to run a full group, but it looks like what you all are putting together is pretty sweet! I've been browsing through some of the other intros and getting some ideas for how to approach, but am always open to suggestions or friendly /waves.

So... that's my intro. I'm stoked to be here and see such a lively community dedicated to this glorious relic of an MMO!

Cheers!

-Rotundas

wow. wish i could say i havent been there heh

Welcome to RG man. check out the site, especially public knowledge. there r some nice threads there. If u enjoy eq, this will just make it so much better. great site here and great people

good luck and enjoy

Turns out I haven't come such a long way... I got the Launcher all set up just to realize that my Parallels is running Windows 7. Its the graphics card all over again! :doh: Already found the threads about why 7 isn't supped and having trouble getting MS to recognize my product key...

Got some work to do!

None-the-less, thanks for being welcoming.

Welcome back, back, back!
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC
The Simpsons Reaction GIF

IRL - EQ Re- re- (re?-) returner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back