• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - EQ not responding (1 Viewer)

Killertoxin

RedCents
412¢
Hi, all

I am having the most aggravating problem. When I load my accounts up and get into game I use alt tabbing to move between screens. In the last two weeks I have been getting hang up, crashes, freezing issues, what ever you want to call it. I call it unresponsive. I am unable to access that account to do anything I just have to hard kill it in task manager. I do not have this issue when I am NOT running MQ2. The issue happen even more when using kissassist and happens frequently when I tab to them to run the command. I have all accounts running on its own core, on max FPS with matching game and screen resolution. While I await yalls input I am going to blow away MQ2 and all related material and do a clean installation. Any help would be appreciated.

Try changing the Background FPS between 15-20 in the Options tab. I don’t have any toons running Max FPS and can run 12 simultaneously.
I have done this but I also did a clean install of all MQ2 so far there hasnt been an issue but will update within 24 hours

The issue is still ongoing. I gated back into the Guild Lobby and 3 out of 4 accounts crashed. Thoughts ?

Try pairing down the amount of plugins that mq2 loads and limit it to things you are sure you're going to use. There are some good discussions on here about what to keep and what you can dump. I'd post links, but phone posting atm so, eh *effort*

You can try loading all your guys up without MQ2 to rule out that being the problem. Load them all up, shut it all down and load it all up again. If you can do that a few times without problems and then some of them stop responding once you introduce MQ2, then you know for sure it is that. Then you can do the same sort of thing with plugins. Like load it all up with only the basic plugins working and check that it is reliable. And then add some more plugins in batches and hopefully find what is causing the problem.

Problem - EQ not responding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back