• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - EQ Hotfix May 24, 2023 (if you patch eq you will need to wait for new MQ build) (1 Viewer)

I was really hoping for the Inventory Window on Top fix. No such luck. It was a tiny update with no info from Daybreak. Wonder what it actually did...

I am missing something...
I logged on a few minutes ago, ran the launcher, and saw there was an updated version available, I updated to the newest version and now when I try to load up EQ I get a Version mismatch that says my May 24, 3023 09:48:34 must match May 19 2023 11:35:04 for MacroQuest to load... Shouldn't the Download Launcher be showing down for patch or something if that is the case?

I logged on a few minutes ago, ran the launcher, and saw there was an updated version available, I updated to the newest version and now when I try to load up EQ I get a Version mismatch that says my May 24, 3023 09:48:34 must match May 19 2023 11:35:04 for MacroQuest to load... Shouldn't the Download Launcher be showing down for patch or something if that is the case?
As far as I know bro, this is the story unless you have not patched (or have an unpatched version) that you can bypass the launcher with so your MQ from last patch matches with that last patch EQ. Idk if that works or not, but I think it's cuz a thing came out today so we must donate, I mean wait, for an update to come along.

dave chappelle drugs GIF

it was unannounced.

we do update the launcher as soon as we can, every time.

this isn't your 1st time with an unannounced hotfix, you're gonna live

it was unannounced.

we do update the launcher as soon as we can, every time.

this isn't your 1st time with an unannounced hotfix, you're gonna live
What if you come to the RG site AFTER you experience a problem and not before? Why would I seek support for a non-issue?

I can't live, I convinced the wife we didn't need to go to the tiki bar on a nice 80 degree and enjoy the water and sun. Now you guys made a liar out of me. I will have to explain I love her more then the video game after I thought it through!!!

After playing EQ with mq2, I now do not enjoy EQ without MQ2. So just curious, will it be hours, days, weeks before a launcher update? I'm asking respectfully and not demandingly (is that a word?)

After playing EQ with mq2, I now do not enjoy EQ without MQ2. So just curious, will it be hours, days, weeks before a launcher update? I'm asking respectfully and not demandingly (is that a word?)
howdy eric,

1stly before you hear it 50 times it is just "MQ" or "MacroQuest" MQ2 is dead and gone.

Here is some information on patch days - this applies even more-so on unannounced hotfix or unannounced patch days like today. Can't plan for something that is a surprise.

What to expect on patch days?
When eq patches MQ has to be rebuilt. (you also have to patch EQ --- this way you avoid "Version Mismatch" issues)

once mq is built RG can build - we now have an automated system that rebuilds RG as soon as it is updated - which means our previous method of "let's give it a quick test" is no longer there, and sometimes there ends up being another smaller patch later to correct if something got missed - so re-check on patch days if you are having issues.

eq could change literally anything and it would require the way MQ interacts with that portion of EQ to be completely reworked. It is normally just offsets, sometimes struct changes --- with the large changes eq has been making over the past few months (updates and backend improvements) there are more things than just offset changes that are happening, so it can certainly be a lot of work for the devs.

Curious when Very Vanilla will be updated?
You'll get a web notification (if we have permission), site notification, and email (optional)
Click to watch
MacroQuest for Live servers:
MacroQuest for Test server

EQ patches go like this: (in theory)
2nd* tue/wed = test "real" patch
3rd* wed = live patch
4th* tue/wed = test "true up

the tue over the wed is a more recent thing (I suspect klanderso has more to do with that, and having time to ensure working stuff before the weekend and upset people - klanderso is pretty awesome)
* holidays subject to cause shifts in days or even week

test is notorious for being like "oops we forgot the 'dont crash plz' file, gotta patch again", or "woops we added +1 to crashing, we meant -1", so "on paper" it is double the patches, but very frequently ends up being more than double the work (i imagine, I'm not doing the work - I'd love to learn enough at some point to help facilitate doing so, however)

Mq itself is open source and by volunteer(s) - RG which builds and distributes that is obviously paid for.
If you wanted to show your appreciation to the MQ devs for their volunteer work:

Tip the MQ Developers HERE:
brainiac:
https://www.redguides.com/tip/brainiac
Reply to this thread after donating for your 🧠
dannuic:
Reply to this thread after for your :dannuic:

Come on man, leave these guys alone. This is the same as every patch! It can be super quick or take some time. Either play without MQ or go do something else until it is patched. Watch the Very Vanilla thread and you will get an email when it is updated.

Come on man, leave these guys alone. This is the same as every patch! It can be super quick or take some time. Either play without MQ or go do something else until it patched. Watch the Very Vanilla thread and you will get an email when it is updated.
I've only had MQ for like a week or so. I'm very new and, although I read this site every day on how to do things, I'm still very confused. I honestly don't know how "the same as every patch" works since this is my first one. I'm not very computer savvy so pardon my ignorance.

I've only had MQ for like a week or so. I'm very new and, although I read this site every day on how to do things, I'm still very confused. I honestly don't know how "the same as every patch" works since this is my first one. I'm not very computer savvy so pardon my ignorance.
did you check out my reply?

did you check out my reply?
Yes! Thank you very much for the information. I really appreciate it. I love MQ so far. Even though I've only figured out autofollow and boxes assisting on mobs so far, it is such a huge difference and takes away so much stress. lol. Thank you guys for creating this.

Yes! Thank you very much for the information. I really appreciate it. I love MQ so far. Even though I've only figured out autofollow and boxes assisting on mobs so far, it is such a huge difference and takes away so much stress. lol. Thank you guys for creating this.
it takes a little bit before you feel like you have your footing underneath you - and you'll continue to learn new ways of doing stuff constantly. sounds like you're off to a good start!

Yay! I didn't fall for it (***this time) like I did last week. Still logged in. I am waiting for the update to be done on the redguides launcher before I get out and back on again :)

Happy hunting everyone.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, you guys love ME so much, you but a banner at the top of the entire page JUST for MEEEEEEEEE to see, so I CAN play! You dudes and dudettes are awesome sauce! For those that have patched without looking at the banner made JUST for RedFrog, I want to share with you:
1684969972090.png So... Do NOT PaTCH...(this was fun)

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, you guys love ME so much, you but a banner at the top of the entire page JUST for MEEEEEEEEE to see, so I CAN play! You dudes and dudettes are awesome sauce! For those that have patched without looking at the banner made JUST for RedFrog, I want to share with you:
View attachment 48747 So... Do NOT PaTCH...(this was fun)
Lol <3

you have to run EQ without RG to get update, then retry RG, it will work, I do it all the time

you have to run EQ without RG to get update, then retry RG, it will work, I do it all the time
No.

There was a Hot fix patch which means until MQ is rebuilt that MQ will not work if you patch EQ.

You can see the posts above where that's explained and there's a giant banner scrolling across the front page that tells you not to patch until MQ is rebuilt

I couldn't load it even though I hadn't patched, just FYI!

here was a Hot fix patch which means until MQ is rebuilt that MQ will not work if you patch EQ.

You can see the posts above where that's explained and there's a giant banner scrolling across the front page that tells you not to patch until MQ is rebuilt

1684973875122.png

View attachment 48747 So... Do NOT PaTCH...(this was fun)
Ok, now this shit was actual laughing out loud funny.
Of course I'm in an office alone so nobody heard it. So did the tree fall in the forest?

BB

Patch - EQ Hotfix May 24, 2023 (if you patch eq you will need to wait for new MQ build)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back