• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - EQ Hotfix May 19, 2023 (if you patch eq you will need to wait for new MQ build) (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
25,813¢
Pronouns
He/Him
May 19, 2023

*** UI ***
- Updated the font on converted windows to be easier to read.
- Corrected the issue with flickering text when opening bags from the Inventory window.
- Selecting an item from your inventory while interacting with a merchant will now properly highlight that item again.

- The EverQuest Team

Wonder what they screwed up now hehe...
I Cant Even On Fire GIF by mushroommovie

EQ Hot Fix...

I am unable to get MQ working when I log in today. It was running fine last night. Is there something going on with the launcher today?
When I run MQ today I get an error about Patch Day.

I was running MQ fine last night but today when I log in the MQ Launcher gives an error about Patch Day. Then I get another pop up error stating that the MQ version is older than the latest version and it prevents me from login into EverQuest.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-19 182941.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-19 182941.png
    123.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Is there an ETA for the "New MQ Build"? the usual timeframe after a patch (i.e. 2-4 hours)?
What to expect on patch days?
When eq patches MQ has to be rebuilt. (you also have to patch EQ --- this way you avoid "Version Mismatch" issues)

once mq is built RG can build - we now have an automated system that rebuilds RG as soon as it is updated - which means our previous method of "let's give it a quick test" is no longer there, and sometimes there ends up being another smaller patch later to correct if something got missed - so re-check on patch days if you are having issues.

eq could change literally anything and it would require the way MQ interacts with that portion of EQ to be completely reworked. It is normally just offsets, sometimes struct changes --- with the large changes eq has been making over the past few months (updates and backend improvements) there are more things than just offset changes that are happening, so it can certainly be a lot of work for the devs.

Curious when Very Vanilla will be updated?
You'll get a web notification (if we have permission), site notification, and email (optional)
Click to watch
MacroQuest for Live servers:
MacroQuest for Test server

EQ patches go like this: (in theory)
2nd* tue/wed = test "real" patch
3rd* wed = live patch
4th* tue/wed = test "true up

the tue over the wed is a more recent thing (I suspect klanderso has more to do with that, and having time to ensure working stuff before the weekend and upset people - klanderso is pretty awesome)
* holidays subject to cause shifts in days or even week

test is notorious for being like "oops we forgot the 'dont crash plz' file, gotta patch again", or "woops we added +1 to crashing, we meant -1", so "on paper" it is double the patches, but very frequently ends up being more than double the work (i imagine, I'm not doing the work - I'd love to learn enough at some point to help facilitate doing so, however)

Mq itself is open source and by volunteer(s) - RG which builds and distributes that is obviously paid for.
If you wanted to show your appreciation to the MQ devs for their volunteer work:

Tip the MQ Developers HERE:
brainiac:
https://www.redguides.com/tip/brainiac
Reply to this thread after donating for your 🧠
dannuic:
Reply to this thread after for your :dannuic:

Daybreak didn't even take the servers down and patch, they did it during game play, one second everything was fine, I went ld, relogged in... welcome to hours of wait with no notice.

Daybreak didn't even take the servers down and patch, they did it during game play, one second everything was fine, I went ld, relogged in... welcome to hours of wait with no notice.
don't run the eq patcher until it tells you that you can't play without patching.

That shit is funny, Sorry we did not warn you ahead of time, but if you log in to Everquest you will be fooked for another xxx, Don't they suspend people who do not patch when they log in?

Rookie mistake, I saw the launcher said something about patch day so i thought i'd be smart and run the eq patcher before getting that mismatch message....only to run it and get the mismatch error because I ran it... :doh:

So when should we expect a patch from RedGuides crew?
What to expect on patch days?
When eq patches MQ has to be rebuilt. (you also have to patch EQ --- this way you avoid "Version Mismatch" issues)

once mq is built RG can build - we now have an automated system that rebuilds RG as soon as it is updated - which means our previous method of "let's give it a quick test" is no longer there, and sometimes there ends up being another smaller patch later to correct if something got missed - so re-check on patch days if you are having issues.

eq could change literally anything and it would require the way MQ interacts with that portion of EQ to be completely reworked. It is normally just offsets, sometimes struct changes --- with the large changes eq has been making over the past few months (updates and backend improvements) there are more things than just offset changes that are happening, so it can certainly be a lot of work for the devs.

Curious when Very Vanilla will be updated?
You'll get a web notification (if we have permission), site notification, and email (optional)
Click to watch
MacroQuest for Live servers:
MacroQuest for Test server

EQ patches go like this: (in theory)
2nd* tue/wed = test "real" patch
3rd* wed = live patch
4th* tue/wed = test "true up

the tue over the wed is a more recent thing (I suspect klanderso has more to do with that, and having time to ensure working stuff before the weekend and upset people - klanderso is pretty awesome)
* holidays subject to cause shifts in days or even week

test is notorious for being like "oops we forgot the 'dont crash plz' file, gotta patch again", or "woops we added +1 to crashing, we meant -1", so "on paper" it is double the patches, but very frequently ends up being more than double the work (i imagine, I'm not doing the work - I'd love to learn enough at some point to help facilitate doing so, however)

Mq itself is open source and by volunteer(s) - RG which builds and distributes that is obviously paid for.
If you wanted to show your appreciation to the MQ devs for their volunteer work:

Tip the MQ Developers HERE:
brainiac:
https://www.redguides.com/tip/brainiac
Reply to this thread after donating for your 🧠
dannuic:
Reply to this thread after for your :dannuic:

I like many others updated with out checking first. pulled a hail marry and checked system restore. my system did a restore point 10 mins before i updated! muhahaha back up and running

Here's the EQmain.dll and EQgame.exe pre-hot fix on 5-19-23.

I think these are the files that were updated for those that patched.

If not let me know plz and I'll delete this post.

BB~

Here's the EQmain.dll and EQgame.exe pre-hot fix on 5-19-23.

I think these are the files that were updated for those that patched.

If not let me know plz and I'll delete this post.

BB~
VV is rebuilding now

Patch - EQ Hotfix May 19, 2023 (if you patch eq you will need to wait for new MQ build)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back