• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Engraved (1 Viewer)

Rusang

Learner of Many Things
RedCents
1,333¢
I was testing out the cheap engraver I got and needed some pictures to test. I used the RedGuides logo at the top for a test run of a picture engrave on wood after some text only pieces.

I used scrap wood from some project the wife was doing, but I thought I'd share.

1622529941615.png

Thanks!

I thought it messed up at the top edge, but whenever I import the image it seems to double that little area from the image. No idea why. I can see the top edge messed up in the preview.

I was testing out the cheap engraver I got and needed some pictures to test. I used the RedGuides logo at the top for a test run of a picture engrave on wood after some text only pieces.

I used scrap wood from some project the wife was doing, but I thought I'd share.

View attachment 30504

Niiiiiice...you need to sell those in the form of a paddle. Multi-use tool, laptop adjustments...attitude re-shaper...sky's the limit...lol

Niiiiiice...you need to sell those in the form of a paddle. Multi-use tool, laptop adjustments...attitude re-shaper...sky's the limit...lol
I'll go ahead and assume RG has a trademark or patent to be safe. No interest in speaking with lawyers.

I am still learning how to operate this thing, and I am hoping to clear up that top corner somehow. It's wanting to print the border of the picture.

File 1622614482492.png is the options when I use standard "print picture" for the logorg3.png file.

NC Version is when I try to import using NC Sender.

The program I am stuck with Engraver Master....

Attachments

• 1622614482492.png
    1622614482492.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 3
  • logorg3.png
    logorg3.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 4
  • NC version.png
    NC version.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 3
If anyone has any other RedGuides images, I can try to print them. Gonna head to Lowes this weekend to see what scrap word they have to continue playing around.

That is beautiful! What engraver did you get?
Honestly, it's some Chinese company. The model was diy8000 or something. Type laser engraver into Amazon and you'll find similar. It's a simple rectangle frame with x y axis moving it around. Nothing fancy.

Wife gave me a cheap one to make sure I wanted the hobby before I bought one of the expensive ones.

To get the shine you can somewhat see in the photo, I used wood stain.

IRL - Engraved

Users who are viewing this thread

Back