• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Macro - Endless Mana for MQ2Mage (1 Viewer) 1.9

Maybe I described my wish in an uncomprehensively manner.
As the last version is written in Lua, it could do an infinitive loop, waiting for the mage to get l,ow on mana, and than start to recover the mana.
As far as I could unterstand, actually 1 call of MM will do 1 cycle of manarecovering and than end its service for this time.
To have it work all amgic, you need somethiong else to start it again, once you get low on mana.

As Lua it can run contemporary with all else running, so it could be extendet by a main-loop waiting for the mana to get low.

I set up a react for it a long time ago (I think it monitors mana level and combat state). But if you want to have it monitor mana and kick off the cycle at that point, feel free to have a go at the changes. I'm in the middle of another project and really don't have the time to tackle this. As hellfyre eludes to, some sort of config file will be necessary to keep track of the mana level. And probably also one for whether to do the mana recovery while in combat (maybe even taking into account if doing this in a raid/mission vs normal group grinding).

has anyone got this to work when using Hunter Tank mode on your mage? For me it will not trigger the macro. When Mage gets to the low mana threshold he just sits and meds. Is this because of how Hunter Tank works?

So I ended up using the Lua from rouneq
I've expanded this to account for Mages leveling 115 -> 120. Since neither MS XIV nor Gather Vigor are available until 120, those mages below still need MS XIII and Gather Potency. I've also encountered issues getting the MS spell to load (sometimes it won't and I have to do it manually). Lastly, I've also added all the elemental staffs and it'll use the first one it finds in inventory. There's a few other changes, but those should be seen as more of a cleanup. Sharing in case anyone else is interested. And num1 can take them to use going forward. Much of the additions are taken from other macros I use, so I can't claim credit for the basic ideas behind them. Just the tweaks for this particular usage.
and a simple LEM to trigger it. Caveat, though, it gets weird when you are recovering from a death since (in my case) CWTN kicks in and wants to do Mage stuff and the MM Lua also wants to do it's thing. Here I the LEM code

INI:
cmV0dXJuIHsKIGxvYWQgPSB7CiAgYWx3YXlzID0gZmFsc2UsCiAgY2xhc3MgPSAiIiwKICB6b25lID0gIiIsCiB9LAogY29kZSA9ICJiRzlqWVd3Z2JYRWdQU0J5WlhGMWFYSmxLQ2R0Y1NjcENnb3RMUzFBY21WMGRYSnVJR0p2YjJ4bFlXNGdRRkpsZEhWeWJuTWdkSEoxWlNCcFppQjBhR1VnWVdOMGFXOXVJSE5vYjNWc1pDQm1hWEpsTENCdmRHaGxjbmRwYzJVZ1ptRnNjMlV1Q214dlkyRnNJR1oxYm1OMGFXOXVJR052Ym1ScGRHbHZiaWdwQ2lBZ0lDQnNiMk5oYkNCdGVWOWpiR0Z6Y3lBOUlHMXhMbFJNVHk1TlpTNURiR0Z6Y3k1VGFHOXlkRTVoYldVb0tRb2dJQ0FnYkc5allXd2diWGxmYldGdVlTQTlJRzF4TGxSTVR5NU5aUzVRWTNSTllXNWhLQ2tLSUNBZ0lHeHZZMkZzSUcxdFgzTjBZWFIxY3lBOUlHMXhMbFJNVHk1TWRXRXVVMk55YVhCMEtDZHRiU2NwTGxOMFlYUjFjeWdwQ2lBZ0lDQnlaWFIxY200Z2JYbGZZMnhoYzNNZ1BUMGdKMDFCUnljZ1lXNWtJRzE1WDIxaGJtRWdQQ0F4TlNCaGJtUWdiVzFmYzNSaGRIVnpJSDQ5SUNkU1ZVNU9TVTVISndwbGJtUUtDbXh2WTJGc0lHWjFibU4wYVc5dUlHRmpkR2x2YmlncENpQWdJQ0J0Y1M1amJXUW9KeTlzZFdFZ2NuVnVJRzF0SnlrS1pXNWtDZ3B5WlhSMWNtNGdlMk52Ym1SbWRXNWpQV052Ym1ScGRHbHZiaXdnWVdOMGFXOXVablZ1WXoxaFkzUnBiMjU5IiwKIGNhdGVnb3J5ID0gIiIsCiB0eXBlID0gImNvbmRpdGlvbnMiLAogbmFtZSA9ICJNYWdlTWFuYSIsCn0=

and a simple LEM to trigger it. Caveat, though, it gets weird when you are recovering from a death since (in my case) CWTN kicks in and wants to do Mage stuff and the MM Lua also wants to do it's thing. Here I the LEM code

INI:
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
Do you use MQ2Boxr? One of the first things the script does after verifying the operating environment is workable (i.e., initialization logic) is to use /squelch /docommand /boxr pause. Later followed by a /boxr unpause before ending. This should stop any macro/plugin activity while MM is doing the work.

INI:
I can't seem to get the Lua from rouneq to work. Did you need to do any changes to that?

Macro - Endless Mana for MQ2Mage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back