• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Ending up in Sunrise Hills (1 Viewer)

Saffron

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
2,697¢
How the heck can you prevent half of your toons from clicking on that damn Sunrise Hills Door in the Grand Guild hall every time you zone into the Grand Guild Hall? Is there a way to just disable that door? I am so tired of running back to the guild lobby from there.

why run back to the lobby, just click on the guild door to zone back in. Or the corner of the plot, I forgot how to get back in actually, lol.

Hi Saffron, Mq2nav automatically clicks on nearby doors by default.

If you type /nav ui

then go through the settings tabs you should find a box for automatically clicking on nearby doors. You'll want to disable that.

why run back to the lobby, just click on the guild door to zone back in. Or the corner of the plot, I forgot how to get back in actually, lol.

I always end up where I have to run to the door. Im a third of the way through the zone. The only time I come to this zone is when MQ2 or whatever decides to make me come here. Soooo annoying.

I have this same problem when using Come to Me in the group window hotkeys. If I move one toon up and use the Follow Me group window hotkey it does not do it and I can continue on.

I didn't like playing a mage so that won't help. I started running toons 1 at a time when I zone into the guild hall now. The toons jump off each other's heads and go on a boondoggle if I zone in more than one at a time. The same fighting for the exact same pixel to stand on is why I cant trust followme in any zones with places to fall off. Too bad they couldn't detect collisions and stop bouncing around till someone either dies or zones.

That's an idea from @kaen01 , not from me:

guildhalllrg_int.cfg
would be the cfg file
and you would put this inside it

/multiline ; /keypress forward hold ; /timed 15 /keypress forward
This is amazing and needs more attention!

Kinda confusing though. I always thought we had a Modest Guild Hall
using find in lobby it says Modest Guild Hall
when I zone in it says Entering Grand guild hall
but its loading mesh for guildhallsml (small?)

this is the names from zones.ini
Grand Guild Hall=guildhalllrg
Greater Guild Hall=guildhallsml
Modest Guild Hall=guildhall3

where do this file go guildhalllrg_int.cfg? Configs folder?

Replying to my own post =)

made a guildhallsml_int.cfg in the Configs folder
with:
/multiline ; /timed 30 /keypress forward hold ; /timed 35 /keypress forward

works for me. Could be that my loading zone time was a little longer so 15 was to short

The misname between Modest and Grand has been in the game for a long time. I filed a ticket on it years ago but it never got any action. I think there was another one but not finding it.

/multiline ; /timed 10 /keypress forward hold ; /timed 25 /keypress forward ; /timed 40 /nav wp pool ; /timed 120 /sit

In case you want to avoid clicking the door and have them run to your healing pool and sit down.
(you have to /nav rwp pool for it to work)

/multiline ; /timed 10 /keypress forward hold ; /timed 25 /keypress forward ; /timed 40 /nav wp pool ; /timed 120 /sit

In case you want to avoid clicking the door and have them run to your healing pool and sit down.
(you have to /nav rwp pool for it to work)
ooh this is very good, never thought of naving to the pool

I just got all of my toons 2 anchor packages and now avoid the door completely. If I need to go to the guild hall more than twice an hour it usually involves something that requires a beer break anyway. Some of the options like running to the healing pool look neat though.

OK, what am I doing wrong? My Guildhall is Palatial hall which should be guildhalllrg.cfg.
I have this file, it is located in MQ2->Release->Configs
It has one line only which is /multiline ; /timed 30 /keypress forward hold ; /timed 35 /keypress forward
(I cannot nav to the pool or my anchor)
It does not work. My character still clicks the door and ends up in Sunrise.
Anyone able to assist?

Edit: heading to bed then working 3 days straight so I apologize if I do not reply right away! Not meaning to offend.

Last edited:
OK, what am I doing wrong? My Guildhall is Palatial hall which should be guildhalllrg.cfg.
I have this file, it is located in MQ2->Release->Configs
It has one line only which is /multiline ; /timed 30 /keypress forward hold ; /timed 35 /keypress forward
(I cannot nav to the pool or my anchor)
It does not work. My character still clicks the door and ends up in Sunrise.
Anyone able to assist?

Edit: heading to bed then working 3 days straight so I apologize if I do not reply right away! Not meaning to offend.
keep in mind - if you zone in and your toon is in a chase mode or camp mode or anything else that is going to immediately navigate - you're going to click on that door. so zoning into the guild hall you want your macro paused, or cwtn toons in manual mode, for example.

this is what i use:
guildhalllrg_int.cfg (note the 3 Ls
INI:
/multiline ; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 0; /keypress FORWARD hold; /timed 15 /keypress FORWARD; /timed 30 /nav loc 15 -393 -24;

Last edited:
INI:
/multiline ; /keypress FORWARD hold; /timed 15 /keypress FORWARD; /timed 30 /nav loc 15 -393 -24
Hey sic, you might be able, or anyone else, to explain something to me.

I have a cfg for all 3 GHs in my config folder with the line you posted. I have this on all 3 computers i eq on.
my main computer none of the chars move.
on my other computers only the Top screen char will move.

Exact same file, i created on main computer then copy/paste into directories on other computers
guildhall3_int.cfg
guildhalllrg_int.cfg
guildhallsml_int.cfg
its in the e:\redguides\config (as i have redguides and 1 install of eq on its own SSD, and my other install of eq on its own ssd)
on my other computers its the same thing. redguides is in my primary gaming ssd. I run different installs of eq for every account. ( i know we dont have to but i like it so have kept it.)

havent been able to figure out why the cfg works semi ok on other 2 computers but not on main, and wont work completely on any computer

I have a cfg for all 3 GHs in my config folder with the line you posted. I have this on all 3 computers i eq on.

Exact same file, i created on main computer then copy/paste into directories on other computers
guildhall3_int.cfg
guildhalllrg_int.cfg
guildhallsml_int.cfg
its in the e:\redguides\config (as i have redguides and 1 install of eq on its own SSD, and my other install of eq on its own ssd)
on my other computers its the same thing. redguides is in my primary gaming ssd. I run different installs of eq for every account. ( i know we dont have to but i like it so have kept it.)

havent been able to figure out why the cfg works semi ok on other 2 computers but not on main, and wont work completely on any computer
/multiline ; /timed 30 /keypress forward hold ; /timed 35 /keypress forward

I had to increase my time, maybe my computer is to slow

guildhall3_int.cfg
guildhalllrg_int.cfg
guildhallsml_int.cfg

sounds like a too low background fps - or something is throttling

keep in mind - if you zone in and your toon is in a chase mode or camp mode or anything else that is going to immediately navigate - you're going to click on that door. so zoning into the guild hall you want your macro paused, or cwtn toons in manual mode, for example.

this is what i use:

INI:
/multiline ; /keypress FORWARD hold; /timed 15 /keypress FORWARD; /timed 30 /nav loc 15 -393 -24
That’s just a hot key you have set up?

It's wrking for all except for modest guild hall atm, did not find the exact zone name for this one. nav says guildhall3, but seems it s not working for me.

do an /echo ${Zone.ShortName} that will then be your .cfg

Grand Guild Hall is guildhallsml_int.cfg
Palatial Guild Hall guildhalllrg_int.cfg
guildhall_int.cfg i guess?

Do the ZoneShortName.cfg, Class.cfg and ServerName_Character.cfg files go into the config folder or the release folder?

Problem - Ending up in Sunrise Hills

Users who are viewing this thread

Back