• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Emergency Server Downtime: Wendesday November 22, 2023 @10:30 AM (1 Viewer)

I was in the middle of killing Arly and BAM, freaked me out. Then I jump into chat and it was, Emergency Scheduled patch, and I thought to myself.. how do you schedule an Emergency? But this thread helped me figure out how they would schedule an emergency patch. lol

Ultima Online had an item dupe in the old days. I believe all duplicated items had a signature that allowed GM's to track and remove them from all servers when they took them down for the patch. They didn't have to do any sort of rollback. The folks who were major offenders got banned. I had a friend who was duplicating gold and selling it on eBay. He got banned.

been expecting this since last night. really curious how they are going to address it
i sold a krono last night and was apparently right at the outbreak of a plat dupe unload. they were buying krono up to 1m each when the going price was 82k before. my sale was pretty innocent just badly timed. wondering wether im gonna have the plat or the krono.... or knowing my luck some random ban lol. only got 100k for mine though, i thought i was just getting a bargain cause market was sold out

i did not do any dupes but i do get krono for rare items in game so how do they tell legit transactions from non legit will be sad to see if people that did not do this lose a ton of stuff

The duper should have waited till tonight to get started could have gone all weekend. I remember when they patched test vendors to live, that was good times. One roll back after another for over a week.

over the years ive seen many roll backs, but the question to me would be is would a rollback be able to put a fix in place for the original error, how long has it been going on before it became widespread, will they roll back everything or be able to specify just transactions. I myself opened 3 accounts worth of DB reward crates got some reasonable gear will it be lost? Who knows? But to the idiots that take place in this kind of activity I hope your guilds and friends treat you with the contempt you deserve!

over the years ive seen many roll backs, but the question to me would be is would a rollback be able to put a fix in place for the original error, how long has it been going on before it became widespread, will they roll back everything or be able to specify just transactions. I myself opened 3 accounts worth of DB reward crates got some reasonable gear will it be lost? Who knows? But to the idiots that take place in this kind of activity I hope your guilds and friends treat you with the contempt you deserve!
100% i doubt these people have friends to be considerate of.

Good gosh!!! I tell you guys how to do a dupe for COPPER.. 100 at a time only!!! Who went and took it to the next level????? This was supposed to be a Richard Pryor in Superman III type of scam, not a mega-millions overnight, with all your cousins thrice times removed showing up at your doorstep.

In all seriousness, I had no clue until you posted this vid, I know it is likely impossible...but, I will so laugh if my suspended guys (nothing to do with this exploit, I simply was outside cleaning my chicken's pen and guess I got caught) roll back and become unsuspended../giggle. Its a pipe dream I know..

yeah. i dont even know what i want them to do because anything they touch is going to mess with me in one way or another. bought a heroic character last night, sold a krono on the tlp, been leveling creating a bunch of different characters this week, have a bunch of expensive bags i moved to the new character i just made.... idk what route they take that wont mess with me in some way or another.

if they dont do a rollback though, im also gonna be annoyed that i sold my krono on the tlp where plat distribution is gonna be alllllll sorts of messed up. id rather have the krono back at that point. and some extra life exp for our troubles

Justv received and email this morning with this:
  • Account has been suspended pending investigation into an exploit.
Which is shit, because, I was not even aware of the exploit currently happening until I saw it on this forum.
And all my chars are on a normal server.
Bugger!

I'm hoping the rollback isn't too extreme. I'm going to be urked if I have to do sod group progression all over again.

For real. I'm super nervous about that....I HATE tradeskills....but with UF coming up on my server I finally got motivated to do them...and raised 6 of them to 300 with trophies in the last 3 days. Having to do that again might be enough to make me just take a break/quit lol

Klanderso said no roll back (at this time) just targeted actions (she didnt say what actions). However, some folks saying the sploit still out there, so another down time, mom susbans, who knows..

Exploit was probably ingame since the depot was released. Takes releasing the details into general population and it being rampantly abused to get a fix in.
I don't think so - it happend to me (by accident) last friday first and only time. I do a lot of TS, so that seems unlikely to me that it popped up at me and other guys at the same time after such a long time. I suspect it's in since last patch.

The emergancy patch was supposedly fixing a problem that occured on Oakwynd.
Some items got duped and teh effects ruined the economy there rapidly. Kr prices went up from 70k to 2m in 2 days, they say.

can anyone tell what caused this? What happened exactly?

A really big oopsie happened(which affected every server) and DPG went to go hide in their bunker while hoping everyone just forgets it happened.

Had a bunch of friends who didn't play EQ in forever decide to play TLP recently so I joined them, now they've all quit over the dupe fiasco. Rather pissed at DPG's non-response over this because we were having a lot of fun.
Even posted in one of the various threads on the official forums, but it has been in mod-approval(nothing offensive was in it; just expressing my displeasure at the lack of customer interaction) for nearly a day so I guess they aren't even approving posts anymore.

News - Emergency Server Downtime: Wendesday November 22, 2023 @10:30 AM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back