• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Emergency patch tomorrow (1 Viewer)

I lost a Krono last friday night to my other character trading it in person, had to make a ticket and had it resolved very early Monday morning. I'm happy about that.

Why would you have to bring down all worlds for an accounting problem? Sounds like somebody was tweaking something on the back end and they screwed it up. For all we know it could have been their MQ2 detector.

Why would you have to bring down all worlds for an accounting problem? Sounds like somebody was tweaking something on the back end and they screwed it up. For all we know it could have been their MQ2 detector.
Or their recent/past devs had an exploit that’s no longer secret. People always assume this stuff never happens, wouldnt be the first time someone got caught withbtheir hand in the cookie jar

Or their recent/past devs had an exploit that’s no longer secret. People always assume this stuff never happens, wouldnt be the first time someone got caught withbtheir hand in the cookie jar
Wasn't the sharks in Erud's Crossing dropping millions of plat exploit an insider job? I seem to recall reading something about that ~20 years ago.

EverQuest Official #announcements-and-news

The current maintenance has been extended. The current ETA is now 3 PM PDT. Thank you for your patience everyone as platform works to bring everything back up

Befallen Platinum Banker...... oh man.... that was huge at the time.

As I understand servers were suppose to be back up already. Unfortunately they are still down. Does anyone know the time they should be back up. Thank you guys. Please any information that you know post it. It will be very much appreciated.

I heard they finally retired that old Linksys WRT54 router and upgraded to a spiffy reconditioned Cisco Pix. I guess it took 8 hours to find someone in that deserted data center who knew how to re-route the patch cable.

I heard they finally retired that old Linksys WRT54 router and upgraded to a spiffy reconditioned Cisco Pix. I guess it took 8 hours to find someone in that deserted data center who knew how to re-route the patch cable.
hey i paid big bucks ($$ not the dude here lol) to get a good one of those (wrt) when the one id been using for 10-15yrs finally died in....2012 maybe?, because it was the most dependable router id ever had. kept getting a new one fro this purpose or the other but as long as i was fullwired on all my machines that little baby was the best. I only stopped using it in 2015 when the router for the entire house was no longer directly at my desk. Spent $400ish on a router then for fastest signal etc (funny cause we were on satellite lol) and then cheated the rest of the way and just shared my connection from the best machien to all my baby pcs. it's not like i was gaming though, not with satellite latency. i cant even remember wtf i did on my "baby pcs" back then, but i had them. 2016-2017 i torrented and wrote novels, 2018 i eq'd during anniversary but meant to keep playing and got irritated at something, but i was only playing because cell booster was working then it stopped(sharing a weak, emulated 2-3bar 4g connection with 4 machines from a very specific 1sq ft spot by the window, omg) then til we got FiOS finally last winter, all i did was torrent and host tv for everyone in the house. We didnt even have normal tv anymore since most of it depended on the internet we didnt really have lol.

But hey, on a side note about the patch cable comment: dont need a nettech for that even, just an electrician. Apprentice even. Something i had no clue about back when i made custom cable lengths for people alongside their new gaming machine. Bought myself a signal tester (near present time)cause i'd lost mine years back and i get "You know you couldve just borrowed mine" i'm like wtf do you know about networking cables lol? Apparently if it has a wire in it, of any thickness or purpose, an electrician can be expected to deal with it even if their main job is actual electric lines lol. Thats like saying if you wanna do some landscaping but dont feel like moving dirt around, ask the archaeologist down the road, he digs in dirt. lol.

News - Emergency patch tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back