• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Raid - Easiest current expansion raid to box (1 Viewer)

surfdog21

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
994¢
Looking to farm type 19 augments for the 4 evolving pieces, maybe loot some treasure chest stuff as well. Any raid thats boxable for a crew of 12-18 for this?

Go into the Reparm Raid and kill the trash mobs in the zone. Don't engage any of the red mobs your groups will die.

When you guys say that he will die, is it because he does not have enough guys? or because the mechanics are too complicated for bots to run?

Also, how far back would you have to go so that you could probably complete all content?

If your after Type 19 augmentations then these drop from trash in the raid instances. As previously said the PoF raid instance is good as has lots of mobs but I've also seen a decent drop rate of Smoke raid instance. I kill trash mobs with 1 group so they can easily be done by 2 groups (just make sure you split on pulls, they hit hard and cannot be mezzed). Going to the main raid event is a different story, current content requires at least 48 toons.

I only have 7 accounts and can do some CoF content, not really tried anything else.

Full, mid-tier raid teams with all real players still have difficulty with early tier raids in TBL. They are not boxable, even with 54 toons, imo.

Most expansions have at least a few raids with mechanics that are shitty for boxing without massive custom scripting, and even then it would be hard. Is it doable? Probably. Is it worth the massive effort? IMO, no.

With that said, I’ve boxed CoTF raids for the rk 3 spells. I do doomscale horde, but a few others would work, too.

How many toons required you think? Curious for those of us who don't have a full 14+ accounts.

doomscale? Ive done it with one group, running the SK. My SK is mostly EoK/RoS raid geared, max aa and all that. I bring in an extra cleric and extra shaman for overheals and the proc slow. With extra healing it’s a win. I’ve wiped once out of three or four attempts.

Key to doomscale is to drag final named to a wall/corner and tank there. He fluxes, which is SUCH a pain in the dick.

doomscale? Ive done it with one group, running the SK. My SK is mostly EoK/RoS raid geared, max aa and all that. I bring in an extra cleric and extra shaman for overheals and the proc slow. With extra healing it’s a win. I’ve wiped once out of three or four attempts.

Awesome! Yah, that info alone is a good help. Just knowing if a group will do it. I setup my 10 accounts so that I have a CLR and PAL seperate to help as off-tanking and off-healing. Don't have enough accounts for a full 2-groups though.

Awesome! Yah, that info alone is a good help. Just knowing if a group will do it. I setup my 10 accounts so that I have a CLR and PAL seperate to help as off-tanking and off-healing. Don't have enough accounts for a full 2-groups though.

If you run two groups with two tanks and an extra healer and have them set to all grab agro and dps shit down, you'll do fine. My biggest issue is I have my SK tank EVERYTHING, and I set my enchanter to ae stun instead of mez (since I'm breaking mezzes left and right with SK's AE lifetap.

Tip: There are 4-5 waves of adds BEFORE the final boss. The last two waves are beefy... the mobs don't hit especially hard, but there are a fuckin shitload of them, so save discs for those waves, if possible.

Raid - Easiest current expansion raid to box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back