• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Drive Bard or Paladin (1 Viewer)

RedCents
183¢
Paladin, Bard, Cleric, Monk, Beastlord, Ranger group all ~ 80. Cleric, Monk and Beastlord are all using CWTN. Ranger and Bard are using KA. Paladin is my driver, puller(rooter) and uses nothing but the hot keys I setup.

Any experience from anyone driving Bard and CWTN the tank? Will I regret it? Bard was my main from 1999-2004. KA on the Bard is ok, but I feel I could do better

Drive tank imo, doing missions or things that require "management" drive on the tank.

Bard. Just my 2c. But I felt like when I drove with the bard I got better pulls and had less to mess with, and the CWTN crew would just keep choppn' while I was out getting more stuff.
Now what we need is MQ2Bard ;p I never felt like KA did the Bard right, probably just me, but it seemed slow.

Drive from the Tank....Especially if you are Pulling with the Tank as well...or Doing Hunter mode and everyone just chasing you - even better.

However - in your situation if you really know the Bard well - you will be better than a KA Bard so you could drive with the Bard and get MQ2Paladin for the Pally.

I do pull with the Bard when the situation demands it ...

Agreed, KA Bard seems so reactive and not proactive like a human driver ...

You say "management". For me as a Paladin, I take that to mean stuns, roots, target switching to get aggro, etc
Let me ask a dumb question ... When driving the Paladin ... how do I target switch w/o automatically having my entire group target switch also (unless I want that)?
Before I took the dive into CWTN and KA, I wrote all my own scripts, I could control that pretty easily.

I assume even with MQ2Paladin, the Paladin is the MT/MA

Last edited:
I tried to drive with my bard and kept giving myself headaches. As soon as I switched my driver to the tank, everything was so much easier.

Question - Drive Bard or Paladin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back