• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Does EQ still suck? (1 Viewer)

Sucks as in how it's always sucked in some people's opinion or do you mean the level of suction has increased over time?

If you mean the first, then yeah it's pretty much gone down hill since velious but remained steady far as I knew. Don't really believe it's gotten worse unless you are really into the history then the whole big baddies coming to invade would be a problem.

TP you need to come back. I miss your uber plugins and your abilty to blow up at any given time:P I still play EQ and its still fun. I dont know why you left but i hope you reconsider. Oh yea you smell like wet cat

EQ sucks in that oh so good way.

Seriously though, it's not that bad. The content they've put out with TBS and TSS is fairly decent. The encounters are not push overs and the player base is still large enough to run into people in far out zones. Get the anniversary edition for $20, update all expansions with that, and come give it another run.

TP EQ2 is where it is at now... come join the party. You would make Subscriber #3 to the EQ2 forums here lol. Suprisingly they have devolped EQ2 into a decent game... it just took them 2 years after launch lol

Let's put it this way TP, I have a macro that allows me to take a 45 toon to 51 in like 30 minutes, and 1000 AA's in less than 2 days, 2 hours played.

So I found out how the PL services can pump out 1000 AA toons in no time.

well by saying that , it's like holding a big brand new flavored candy bar in front of a kid and saying nope you can't have any.

Everybody wants just a taste :) its why most came to this site :)

Last edited:
Hiyas TP! Yeah, EQ is still EQ, I am back playing after more than a year. Some of the new content is pretty good, and with the drop in subscription rates, it is amazing the amount of people still working on PoP,DoN, CoA and Demi access. I molded right back in (after remembering how to play :P) and for the most part having a good time raiding and stuff.

BTW, I miss your badass plugins and stuff too. Your haxxors always were flat excellence.

:drink

darkeros said:
drop in subscription rates?

Think he's talking about drops in server population. I haven't noticed much in the way of a drop, at least on Quellious. Pretty much the same number of peeps running around that there was a year ago.

The worst thing about EQ in my mind lately is the lack of low lvls. I can remember standing at the orc lift in Gfay and binding people for tips. Now I am not complaining about not being able to do that. But I do wish there were more low lvls around to be able to group with if I start a new toon. Also I used to really like to go drop a good amount of money on a newbie or look around in the bazaar to find people selling low lvl stuff where you can tell they are low lvl and just trying to make buck, then buy everything they have just to go sell it back to a vendor to get rid of it. Call me crazy but that is some of the stuff I miss.

The thing is when you have your own boxable toons, you can usually pl a character up to grouping range within a day or two.

Well IMO i miss the older days of EQ .. Anymore even at lvl 70+ u sit there and lfg for hours unless your a major Brown Noser and in a Top End Guild ...So yea it sux bein there is nobody in the low zones playing toons anymore people go from 1 to 80 ina weeks time or less . In turn it sux for the regular peeps tryin to learn and enjoy the game when most peeps now days wont even look at ya unless your mad uber and known amongst the Elite of EQ . I myself try and still enjoy it after 8.5 years but mainly solo and if lucky catch a pick up group . Maybe if I could learn to understand how to use some of the macros and helpfull hacks I could enjoy the higher end of the game lol . But I have yet understood the how to use nor interperate . But with that I kinda hope the Classic EQ pops off because I will be there with a smile wearing my Bronz armor carrying a Lamentation Blade thinking im a GoD again lol .

Does EQ still suck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back