• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Does anyone know why this happens to some of my accounts but not others? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
170¢
1655336478595.png
I have 2 characters on yelinak currently, an enchanter and a cleric and I don't use macroquest or any other program on either just 2 true boxed accounts. My cleric is a "suspicious account" but my other one isn't. I tried to petition it but they just say you can't do anything but verify, anyone else have any experience with this nonsense?
They both were activated in the same way, I gave them both 1 krono from my 3rd account that holds a few krono for whenever I feel like playing activated it and started leveling them, no credit cards added or krono besides the first traded to the account that is now locked until verified.

I have always petitioned, and they helped me on multiple accounts. Not sure why they would tell you that.

Tell them you tried to input phone, but the texts never come in. Give them enough info, and they always removed the flag for me.

Are they new accounts? I've only seen this when I seem to trigger their "too many new accounts with the same email address" alarm. 5 new accounts seems to be the agreed upon magic number, but the time period seems to vary between 48 hours and a week depending on who you ask (though that could also just be the EQ devs changing it over time).

Its basically their 2 step verification and anything suspicious that raises a flag - it could be making too many in too short a time, or buying too much in marketplace on a new account or using 1 email on multiple accounts or any other thing can set it off.

I think in your example it was giving the krono to new accounts.

You can just fill it out and be done. But if that doesn't work you will have to go petition route.

Are they new accounts? I've only seen this when I seem to trigger their "too many new accounts with the same email address" alarm. 5 new accounts seems to be the agreed upon magic number, but the time period seems to vary between 48 hours and a week depending on who you ask (though that could also just be the EQ devs changing it over time).
They are new accounts but not same email address. Should I try to make my accounts a week in advance before activating them to try and avoid this maybe?

They did this to me on a single new account I created last week with a never before used email. Suspect they might have been detecting my IP address.

Anyhow, I petitioned, told them I couldn't register my phone number and their web app was broken. They unlocked it within 15 minutes.

Just use 50 unique email addresses, and VPN into 50 unique countries / nodes. Then create a bot program to create the tickets. Simple! 😛
Not a good idea with their new system in place. I did it with 6, flagged. 4-5 are safe with no flags from my experience. Anything above 5, bam! Also, status doesn't matter. Mine were all gold. Still flagged.

View attachment 40381
I have 2 characters on yelinak currently, an enchanter and a cleric and I don't use macroquest or any other program on either just 2 true boxed accounts. My cleric is a "suspicious account" but my other one isn't. I tried to petition it but they just say you can't do anything but verify, anyone else have any experience with this nonsense?
They both were activated in the same way, I gave them both 1 krono from my 3rd account that holds a few krono for whenever I feel like playing activated it and started leveling them, no credit cards added or krono besides the first traded to the account that is now locked until verified.
I agree with the sentiment that you should just petition again. Remember that you won't always get the same person on the other end handling it. Try on a different day than the last time. Different shifts I presume should help. I have found some CSR are better than others. They are all human, and will act like it if they have a bad day FWIW.

Question - Does anyone know why this happens to some of my accounts but not others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back