• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Do your casters melee? (1 Viewer)

mckonz

RedCents
110¢
I run a melee group with casters outside group. Clerics, Shaman and Wizzies outside a group of Tank and melee dps. How would I make my caster group melee the mobs also? Will it screw up their casting? Is it even worth doing? I just figured the more dps the better. Thanks

I think melee only happens when casters are not casting. I used to have all my casters with melee on. Somewhere down the line that slowly got filtered out, probably from changing ini's and not seeing it.

There is a thread I read somewhere long ago on this, I will have to try to find it.

One caveat to casters meleeing is you probably shouldnt have them on a mount, and if your casters are like mine they dont med as well, and mine are mana hogs for dps reasons (isnt there a dps penalty for melee on a mount?)

I've got 2 clerics, shaman and a Wiz with raid weapons in 2nd group. I figured the dps would be helpful. I turn melee on, but they still don't attack. Not sure if I have something turned off or the fact they are outside the main group. What am I missing?

I wouldn't suggest that any cast melee when they could be getting mana and casting spells which would be more beneficial to the overall group if they have mana to use. All though from time to time a caster will be full mana and taking a wack isn't too bad as long as they don't chase down the mob and agro unplanned adds, I say have at it nothing like some spice with any meal.

anywho thats my two cents and I hope what ever direction you go its always forward.

Cheers!

I've got 2 clerics, shaman and a Wiz with raid weapons in 2nd group. I figured the dps would be helpful. I turn melee on, but they still don't attack. Not sure if I have something turned off or the fact they are outside the main group. What am I missing?
Have your clerics use their summoned weapon, Hammer of Obilteration is near TBL raid quality weapon. Don't know about melee outside group, think they will spend more time switching to the assist checking health than meleeing.

Mckonz, set up one of your casters as pullertank and set the radius so they will only pull/attack mobs the other group pulls in to their camp. Have the others assist the pullertank. This works well if the other group is pulling in singles.

Question - Do your casters melee?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back