• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Djarns Tarnished Amethyst Ring ?? (1 Viewer)

Word of caution: One of the devs posted that not saying the final phrase, "grieving soul scent", at the end and dropping the task just to get it again is considered an exploit. They may suspend or ban people doing this. Very similar to cactus last year.

Word of caution: One of the devs posted that not saying the final phrase, "grieving soul scent", at the end and dropping the task just to get it again is considered an exploit. They may suspend or ban people doing this. Very similar to cactus last year.

Those morons should just f’n make the missions so that you can’t do this. Otherwise, f the devs.

I believe you get a loot lockout upon killing the first lieutenant now so you can drop it and start again all you want but you aren't going to see any drops for 6 hours if I understand how loot lockout works

You get a loot lock out in the expedition window soon as the mission pops the last 4 mobs. So the morons did do something :) Task Timer is not implemented until you finish the last hail.

I've done several missions in which I did not receive loot and did not get a loot lockout.

I advise people to pay attention to the expedition window for the lockout. It is not call Fight Fire, but instead they named the loot lockout "Fanning the Flames". If you have the loot lockout, do not get the task until it expires or you will get jack for loot.

If you have the loot lockout, do not get the task until it expires or you will get jack for loot.

wasn't sure if no loot could drop or you just couldn't loot it
so if everyone has a loot lock out zero loot can drop? or they just cant loot anything if it does drop
I ask because, if it can still drop, then that could that be a time to add your alt (that u are actually trying to get the item for)?

Not sure if you could request it with a toon that doesnt have a loot lock out and then have a chance or .....
there can be no one with a loot lock out if there is gonna be any chance for an item to drop

guess what could be done is to have another character with no loot lock out get the quest and pass it over perhaps?
wonder if he needs to be in the task at the kill or just request it then hand it over

guess what could be done is to have another character with no loot lock out get the quest and pass it over perhaps?
wonder if he needs to be in the task at the kill or just request it then hand it over
Everyone involved in the mission, whether you're present at the end or not, gets the lockout. There is no cheesing this mission, they've seen to that already. You just have to eat the lockout and come back 6 hours later for another chance at evolving item loot. I spent over 2 months doing this mission 2 or 3 times per day in order to get all 4 items for all 6 characters. Maybe twice, the script bugged out and didn't assign a loot lockout when it should have, but it wasn't reproducible.

ok then, all i can do at this time is up to 3 missions w out the toon i want loot on, i keep him out in case loot drops
round 1, round 2, round 3, bonus round (the toon i want stuff on, repeat 6 hrs later
max 8 chances in 7 to 8 hrs
maybe some folks can even molo or duo a run and depending on how many runs u can create, increase the odds
but all in all what a pain in the rear end grrrrrrrrr

At least this mission is super fast to earn Currency on. If you don't need the Type 5's.

Bonus info : The 40 slot bags are heirloom, so u can put one in bank, and then log on alts and grab one on each toon with extra currency on your main toon as you re-purchase.
Also you can have one in shared bank for extra bag space.... this is same process for EoK, RoS, and ToV bags that you buy.

So, I have only gotten 1 chase loot on Fire Fight doing it well over 50 times.

However, yesterday I forgot to change out my clerics buff spell lineup for heals and I ended up dying 3 times on the last 4 mobs trying to finish. Once I finally win, I get 3 different chase items to all drop on that one mission....

So, I have only gotten 1 chase loot on Fire Fight doing it well over 50 times.

However, yesterday I forgot to change out my clerics buff spell lineup for heals and I ended up dying 3 times on the last 4 mobs trying to finish. Once I finally win, I get 3 different chase items to all drop on that one mission....
Sounds like a good time to be playing the lottery

Is going /LD on all 6 accts accidentally (errrmm /quit) right before turn in and logging back in a few moments later with group and group timer reset also an exploit?... or ... alternatively ...

/taskremove everyone but the tank leader... then re-request with another tank and same group...and just repeat until all your tanks are locked out

I just ran this a few days ago and I could swear I saw a 6hr loot lockout on the entire group. This was prior to saying, "Grieving Soul Scent".
Must be something new. That's how i usually got bags for alts. I'll load a tank, load a core team of maxed gear/alt/aa's team, drop the 5 dps/dps/bard/enc/cleric I used on the run, /taskadd the 5 alts...
Net result - Original tank and 5 Taskadds (TA's) get a 6 hr lockout

Then you load up another tank, re-add my 5 dps/dps/bard/enc/cleric...run...drop...add anotther 5 alts...
By the time I've worked through my 7 tanks I've got 35 alts a hit of coins...

Now the alts will of course get the 6 hr lockout ... but that's how I mass farm for a little army using the same 5 core dps...run/drop...add 5 alts...new tank+dps core, drop, add alts...repeat, lather, rinse...

If you're smart...you can do ffa, then griklor back-to-back that way with every tank...that way you can farm coin for the TBL/COV Bags...and TOV snowbound and gear to bazaar

FFA takes a couple of minutes...Griklor is like a 9-15 second kill...it's all the zoning that sucks...

Djarns Tarnished Amethyst Ring - Requires "Scalebreaker" Achieve (Champion and Paragon of RoS) and "Tsaph's Champion" Achieve (Champion and Paragon of EoK)

To get the final evolve you need all of TBL achievements including raid ones

Question - Djarns Tarnished Amethyst Ring ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back