• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Different screen resolutions (1 Viewer)

nezstor

RedCents
746¢
Is there a easy way to get differet screen resolutions and positions when launching a 6 box team?
Either with a plugin, 3rd party software or some native eq way?
I will try the WinSplit Revolution software that I saw in an old post.

Is there a easy way to get differet screen resolutions and positions when launching a 6 box team?
Either with a plugin, 3rd party software or some native eq way?
I will try the WinSplit Revolution software that I saw in an old post.
some folks use isboxer

but frankly, the "i need to see all my dudes at once" is kinda gone the way of the do-do with the reliability of automation and with performance increasing things like frameliniter

some folks use isboxer

but frankly, the "i need to see all my dudes at once" is kinda gone the way of the do-do with the reliability of automation and with performance increasing things like frameliniter
^^This. I used IsBoxer previously. Things went wonky with the 64-bit transition, and I never bothered to try to make it work. Leave the driver on top, switch to the others as needed with hotkeys.

I manage my crew with my main character on a non-MQ computer with nice monitors. The MQ groupies run on a separate laptop. The laptop screen is in powersave (off) most of the time.

I run them all at the same windowed full screen resolution, and use Control-F1 through Control-F5 to switch if needed.

For giggles... I logged into EQ directly, without ISBoxer, and viola, it is full screen windowed mode edge to edge, like I always wanted. So long story short, ISBOXER not required for a pretty UI.

Doing an alien autopsy on my eqclient.ini - here is what I found relevant, your mileage may vary.

eqclient.ini:
[Defaults]
WindowedMode=TRUE
WindowedModeXOffset=-8       ;Adjust per your Window's theme border width
WindowedModeYOffset=-31      ;Adjust per your Window's theme title bar height
AllowResize=0
Maximized=0
RestoredXOffset=0
RestoredYOffset=0
RestoredWidth=1920           ;Set to the full resolution of your monitor
RestoredHeight=1080          ;Set to the full resolution of your monitor
AlwaysOnTop=1                   ; hides the window's taskbar, hit windows key to bring it back. 

[VideoMode]
Width=1920
Height=1080
WindowedWidth=1920
WindowedHeight=1080

Last edited:
Question - Different screen resolutions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back