• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - deleting heroic (1 Viewer)

RedCents
34¢
so i have a heroic copy toon from live to test, but the live version no longer exsists, if i delete my test heroic, will i get the heroic card back like you do on live?

Try it and see, worst case is you have to use a different heroic slot on Live to replace the character you were going to delete anyway. I'd bet the answer is that you don't get the heroic back, but now I'd like to know.

Except for the free one from 2014 that doesn't, all the heroics are granted on Live again when you delete them. That's why I said you'd just have to use that heroic slot on Live and /testcopy. Not having the slot means they either deleted the 2014 free heroic...or they used it and leveled the other character up so they don't want to delete it (in which case just testcopy that character).

Yes, those are valid points. But it could be his live account was banned, or belonged to an ex or friend so he no longer has access to it or was sold or he cannot get thru the account recovery.

Sure am curious, if OP would care to kill the cat.

i want to do the old trick of sacrificing down a heroic 85 to 65(the lowest you can sacrifice) to farm essence emeralds, then delete the heroic and rinse repeat
easy essence emeralds, cause 9/10 its my necro i can save during a group wipe
just rez the healer and reset

so what im gonna do is. sac down first the delete and will share my findings

i want to do the old trick of sacrificing down a heroic 85 to 65(the lowest you can sacrifice) to farm essence emeralds, then delete the heroic and rinse repeat
easy essence emeralds, cause 9/10 its my necro i can save during a group wipe
just rez the healer and reset

so what im gonna do is. sac down first the delete and will share my findings
there is a way easier way to get essence emeralds. I will pm you

Except for the free one from 2014 that doesn't, all the heroics are granted on Live again when you delete them. That's why I said you'd just have to use that heroic slot on Live and /testcopy. Not having the slot means they either deleted the 2014 free heroic...or they used it and leveled the other character up so they don't want to delete it (in which case just testcopy that character).
I just checked there because the only heroic characters I have are on a bunch of accounts that got the free heroic character back in 2014. I deleted the one I made heroic and you still get the ability to make another heroic character, the text box on the character select screen changes to Available Heroic Characters: 1

I think there were two or three other heroic grants that didn't have the "you don't get this if you delete" -- there was just the one that doesn't. But maybe all of them do now.

Hmm that's interesting I'm not sure exactly when I would have got these accounts flagged. I also got the 15k plat a second time after deleting the heroic and creating a new one but I've tried it a few times again now creating a new character or trying to upgrade an existing and it ain't giving it to me anymore now :D

EDIT: Just looking back on emails and I'd be fairly confident that I got the heroic characters in March 2017 when they ran a promotion of any account that logged in was given a free heroic. Just posting this here in case anyone searching later is wondering if they delete the heroic will they be able to create another.

Last edited:
Hmm that's interesting I'm not sure exactly when I would have got these accounts flagged. I also got the 15k plat a second time after deleting the heroic and creating a new one but I've tried it a few times again now creating a new character or trying to upgrade an existing and it ain't giving it to me anymore now :D

EDIT: Just looking back on emails and I'd be fairly confident that I got the heroic characters in March 2017 when they ran a promotion of any account that logged in was given a free heroic. Just posting this here in case anyone searching later is wondering if they delete the heroic will they be able to create another.

Yes, the ones from 2017 are fully re makeable over and over. Perhaps one of those was the free one from 2020 which is why you got the 15k again.

Question - deleting heroic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back