• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Tech - Defect in KA/MQ2 - Known? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
Hello

There is a defect in Kiss Assist, when you enable autocamp upon death, your characters log off with /camp and sit at the character select screen
This is rather pointless because even in the character select screen, your characters body res timer is still ongoing, it is only when you close the game completely or at minimum leave the character select screen when only then would your timer for res stop runing. This is resulting in corpses being lost instead of secured upon death by the autocamp

Why is this, is this a known defect? Is there any fixes coming, or ways to fix it myself?
Please, and thanks

I've lost many corpses trying to figure out how to get my characters to reliably camp out. Sometimes when I'd switch to a new zone some characters would again not camp out upon death and would waste away their timer, and I'd eventually find them sitting at the character select screen. After experimenting, here's what I'm doing currently, and all characters are appropriately logging out completely and corpses are being preserved:

In your KissAssist_Character.ini
Rich (BB code):
CampOnDeath=1

Enable the MQ2Autocamp plugin. Check the MQ2Autocamp.ini
For each character set the .ini to:
Rich (BB code):
Enabled=1
WaitMinutes=15
Endmac=1
EndmacWhenDead=1
StartMacro=0
StartMacroName=

Ensure MQ2Rez plugin is loaded.
Set
Rich (BB code):
/rez spawn  on

This will cause you to immediately zone back to your bind point.
With these settings I am reliably saving my corpse for rez later. See if that works for you and then tweak these settings to fit your play.

I just don't understand why then, because when my characters die, I always come back to them at the char select screen, but when i log back on - all the corpses are gone?
Is it possible the autocamp at death wasn't working properly because it was enabled in the player kissassist profile, but the plugin wasnt downloaded? I believe maybe this may have been my issue all along, cause now that i did download it it seems to work fine, however even before upon death shortly after a few minutes it would camp, and my other character would con the corpse and the timer would still be moving, which made no sense becuase no matter what the chars at the select screen, it doesnt get plainer then that - i just dont get why this was happening before, but its working ok now

- - - Updated - - -

Also, newest version of KA/MQ2 seems to allow my characters to go to AFK mode where before this was never an issue, is there a way I can stop this from happening?

I frequently found myself at the character select screen. I think I was sitting with the window to either Rez or go to bind until it timed out and when it timed out I went to bind and didn't camp out til after I had lost my corpse. Making the adjustments above fixed this.

THIS IS FALSE unless rules have changed with the newest patch. if you are logged in with ANY character the 3 hour corpse rot time will tick down.

It does not count down at character select. You can even log in a different character on the same account and it won't count down.

Last edited:
So because there was confusion, I went and tested this. They have changed it from a while ago, but the rez timer DOES count down when you are at character select. It used to not count down -- I know because I tested it a while ago when I played before. That means that camp on death in KA doesn't matter -- it needs to be set up to camp to desktop on death.

Strange thing for them to change the behavior of. It must have been a side effect of some other change or some expansion release.

See, I knew it - I didn't understand how nobody else is realizing it, if you die, and are gone for a good 8 hours, and come back - You see all your guys off at the character select screen, and upon logging back on your characters corpses are all gone. No sense, even verified if the whole group wiped, the chars camped after 20 minutes, so it wasn't that they camped late, it was that the timer was still ticking - The autocamp should be corrected to do an /exit instead of /camp so that it actually leaves the game, and stops any timers

I noticed the players above are helping change that now instead of waiting for a future fix, but they don't mention which file needs the modification - line 2092 in what file? I can't find anything like autocamp or anything

Please be a bit more informative for the noobs like me :p
I also hope this fix will be made into future updates

The changes I posted above results in camping and completely exiting the game. All of my corpses are preserved this way.

The only problem with your solution is that if one character dies, they instantly respawn and /endmac. KA allows for rezzing, so it's usually nice to give 15 or so minutes in case you don't have a complete wipe. KA is really good about recovering from a single death if it happens in camp, so if you /endmac as soon as you die, you take away a (probably) valuable member of the AFK team. If you want to /endmac on death, I would also put kissassist in the macroname section and set it to restart after a rez. I'm pretty sure it will take arguments so you can set it up as kissassist <AssistName>.

Has anyone tested if the timer runs down if you camped to the server select screen?

Assuming it doesn't, can we change the KA's next version to allow CampOnDeath=0,1,2,3 (no, character, server, desktop)?

I'm sure you could have written it as fast or faster but here's submission for testing:

Line 2700 (ish)
Rich (BB code):
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| SUB: Do I Camp
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sub DoICamp
        /if (!${CampOnDeath}) /return
        /if (!${CampOnDeathTimer} && ${CampZone} != ${Zone.ID} && ${Me.Buff[Revival Sickness].ID}) {
            /echo I am dead and not where I am suppose to be. Time to camp out.
            /if (${CampOnDeath}=1) /docommand /camp
            /if (${CampOnDeath}=2) /docommand /camp server
	    /if (${CampOnDeath}=3) /docommand /camp desktop
	    /delay 40s
            /endmac
        }
    /return

Tech - Defect in KA/MQ2 - Known?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back