• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Daybreak splitting up? (1 Viewer)

I just wonder when people are going to stop picking up EQ as a title and we all have to go to rehab to recover from our addiction.

kinda makes sense, I have a little bit of insider info and have been told that they were breaking EQ away, so this could be to do with the info I was given
One of my first thoughts is that this seems like a re-branding effort. Verant/SOE/DGC is forever typecast as "the Everquest developer" in much the same way that an actor/actress can get typecast as an iconic role and never break out.

all loot will in the future be distributed equally to everyone, but since that is a costly affair only the cheapest bronzeweapon and armor is available.

And it even continues!

To sum it up, we now have:
- Daybreak Games Holding LLC (2014)
- Daybreak Game Company LLC (2015) (this is the one where stuff was transferred to when the SOE era ended - so pretty much the main company)
- Bronze Age Studios (2018)
- Darkpaw Games (2019)
- Rogue Planet Games (2019)
- Daybreak Games Studios LLC (2019)

I am truly curious what will happen next ...
Especially Darkpaw, Rogue and the new Daybreak LLC are interesting.
Someone reported that the DGS is registered in Delaware.

Prediction they divide the ip among the different companies then sell them off one by one by selling it separately instead of at once they hope to get more than they would have by selling it all as one company.

Question is - whoever the new owner ends up being - will they be ok with leaving people alone that don't bother others or will they be a bit more aggressive in detecting and booting all MQ users? Say Activision Blizzard decided to bring EQ into it's fold and implement it's policies regarding any 3rd party software.

Question is - whoever the new owner ends up being - will they be ok with leaving people alone that don't bother others or will they be a bit more aggressive in detecting and booting all MQ users? Say Activision Blizzard decided to bring EQ into it's fold and implement it's policies regarding any 3rd party software.

They would quickly regret buying EQ :)

there won't necessarily be a new owner, just separate corporate entities for "reasons"*
*definitely not money laundering

If you bought lifetime All-Access when it was offered thinking it would cover multiple games, get ready to get screwed.

I certainly won't feel sorry for any of those people that did buy lifetime membership if that ever happens. If you haven't learned how this shady company in all its pseudonaming (changing name to SOE to Daybreak, but essentially same management running things) has dicked over its players/customers then you deserve it.

i think by seperating ip they get to target other business with same ip for sales, i mean i dont think ccp games would buy everquest, but they might be interested in planetside ip for parts of game to implement in theirs

News - Daybreak splitting up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back