• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - CWTN Plugins VS KA or RGMercs (1 Viewer)

Killertoxin

RedCents
412¢
Hello Frens,

I am wondering about MQ2Berzerker, MQ2Cleric and so on. I am currently using KA11 with a bard, warrior, cleric, mage, berzerker. So I have watched Sic's videos on the matter and I was thinking about getting them. However, they are paid premium plugins and to get warrior, cleric and berzerker is about the same as all my eq accounts each month. So to the question.... Why buy these premium plugins ? Are they better then KA11 ? I am leaning towards getting them I just dont want to buy them and wind up not using them because the differences between the two and not significant enough. Any thoughts would be appreciated as they may aleive my indecision.

Solution
I use all of my plugins, and like them all, even the ones in development. ;)

Me and Sic are open to suggestions that are both feasible and that will likely be something that can be used to improve general content gameplay as well as trying to add some random features along the way.

While we do have plugins that are considered complete, it's always possible that there is room for improvements to them, and we do constantly add features to all of the plugins that fit for all classes to have them.

There are a few things that stand out as positives for the CWTN plugins as a whole, and aren't class restricted.
Examples:
Class windows - The windows have become a feature of the CWTN Plugins that a lot of people have really anchored to and...
Here's my 2 cents:

Would getting this help keep my groups alive?
I use the CWTN plugins and find them great. While they are well-tuned, they aren't really magic either. I think you'd have to look at the kind of damage that the group is taking. If it's just too much for the shaman to heal, upgrading to the plugin won't really help that. Having said that, in my experience, my groups don't die because the plugin didn't cast the right heal at the right time. They die because they are just underpowered or I don't have the right comp/strategy for the fight.

I also wanted to know if this purchase would help at all with movements on raids?
Probably not. The basic movement controls are the same as Kissassist with camp/manual/chase modes. You can set everyone to chase on a raid MA, which is useful, but that may or may not actually help you in your situation. I find the "vorpal" mode to be useful on raids for healers and such, but that's more about putting them in one spot vs. moving them to avoid mechanics, and it can still be emulated with KA.

I'm also worried that by purchasing the program I would be more easily detected by daybreak
I don't think this will make a difference either way.

As Chat mentioned above, you can always try them out on test. But, be aware, there's an EQ bug on test right now where melee disciplines are not showing up on Combat Abilities even if you've previously scribed them. You can still manually trigger them with /disc, but the CWTN plugins think that toons don't have the disciplines at all, so they don't try to use them. This significantly affects the performance of any melee toons running the plugins (I've had to go back to using KA on rogues and such).

Access to all of the CWTN plugins is 10000% free on the test server and available for users specifically on the test server who either find the financial burden of live servers to exceed their investment to fun ratio, or for users to try.
You can in fact just use the plugins for free forever on the test server. As an alternative, if you're on the fence on if you should get the plugins, you're welcome to /testcopy your entire team, download RG test version of MQ, and load them all up or any combination of them for the purpose of testing them out to determine if they are the right fit for you.

I always forget about test lol

I’m having a hard time going through the FAQs of really understanding the difference the CWTN plug-ins and a well written kissassist.ini (which I’m most familiar with).
CWTN plugins are plug n' play provided you have the spells. The automagic has been tested over and over to insure optimal efficiency. There's no guess work once you decide what options you would like to set. I use the plugins as well as KA and the plugins are hands down above all else. I am ASSuming you have viewed the videos but if not I highly recommend you do so. Grab a cocktail of your flavor and sit back and let the plugins do their magic.

1. $20
2. about 3,500 more lines of combat logic
3. C++ compiled code > macroscript uncompiled code (faster, more is exposed)
4. don't have to update an INI file's (everytime you level or new expac is released) Spells, DPS, BUFFS, Heals, and Conditions sections,
5. works from level 1 to level whatever OOTB
6. configurable FrontEnd, and on-the-fly
7. someone else has done all the heavy logic lifting and coded it, not DIY

1. $20
2. about 3,500 more lines of combat logic
3. C++ compiled code > macroscript uncompiled code (faster, more is exposed)
4. don't have to update an INI file's (everytime you level or new expac is released) Spells, DPS, BUFFS, Heals, and Conditions sections,
5. works from level 1 to level whatever OOTB
6. configurable FrontEnd, and on-the-fly
7. someone else has done all the heavy logic lifting and coded it, not DIY
Other than being easier, plug and play, and changes on the fly it will efficiently be same/similar to a well written ini until it has to be changed again?

CWTN plugins are plug n' play provided you have the spells. The automagic has been tested over and over to insure optimal efficiency. There's no guess work once you decide what options you would like to set. I use the plugins as well as KA and the plugins are hands down above all else. I am ASSuming you have viewed the videos but if not I highly recommend you do so. Grab a cocktail of your flavor and sit back and let the plugins do their magic.
Are they hands down the best in most ease of use or do they easily out pace performance of a well written ini?

just /testcopy and try for yourself - they're included with VV lvl 2

everything else is just opinion and design choices from the people who made kiss vs the people who made cwtn plugins.

eq is a pretty simple game as far as game play goes - no automation can make a character do more damage/healing/whatever than it is capable of doing. There is nothing in this game that would require xyz automation over some other automation and plenty of folks have other homebrew-type stuff.

cwtn and i just want to take the "work" out of it, so you can focus on playing the game - doing the events/scripts of the game, without worrying about trying to have your toons do stuff.

also merged this into the existing long answered thread about the same topic. it is real important to look for existing discussions because you can and will end up with "re-explanation fatigue" - look at the long response that cwtn gave here

Are they hands down the best in most ease of use or do they easily out pace performance of a well written ini?
i find they are both easier to use and out pace ini . i used to box classes that ctwn doesnt have but have switched to ones they do have just for the sheer inpact they have on my game play . they have well written faq and videos explaining everything you need to know.

just /testcopy and try for yourself - they're included with VV lvl 2

everything else is just opinion and design choices from the people who made kiss vs the people who made cwtn plugins.

eq is a pretty simple game as far as game play goes - no automation can make a character do more damage/healing/whatever than it is capable of doing. There is nothing in this game that would require xyz automation over some other automation and plenty of folks have other homebrew-type stuff.

cwtn and i just want to take the "work" out of it, so you can focus on playing the game - doing the events/scripts of the game, without worrying about trying to have your toons do stuff.

also merged this into the existing long answered thread about the same topic. it is real important to look for existing discussions because you can and will end up with "re-explanation fatigue" - look at the long response that cwtn gave here
Thanks Sic. What do you mean test copy and try for yourself? At the CWTN plug-ins available for free on test?

Yeah but I have VV lvl 2. Did know there was any difference between features on test versus live for very Vanilla.
Test Server allows you to try them out free. Live has a paid 1yr license per class to use them. The only well written INI that I have was written by Sic for bards. I have tried a few classes and they all fell short of the CWTN plugins. You might have the skills to make a well written one but I surely don't. I am a copy and paste guy 😁

Test Server allows you to try them out free. Live has a paid 1yr license per class to use them. The only well written INI that I have was written by Sic for bards. I have tried a few classes and they all fell short of the CWTN plugins. You might have the skills to make a well written one but I surely don't. I am a copy and paste guy 😁
Ah perfect! Didn’t know about this. I’ll give them a shot!

Other than being easier, plug and play, and changes on the fly it will efficiently be same/similar to a well written ini until it has to be changed again?
so yeah, any automation tool, whether it be, Kiss, CWTN, Xgen, RG Mercs, Mule will do the job of automating your team. How close you get to the theoretical maximum of the characters' and team's capability in any given situation is down to the config, the control, and the execution. All will yield similar results, but like teabags, you only find out how good they are when you put them in hot water.

Question - CWTN Plugins VS KA or RGMercs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back