• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Current Group Setup (1 Viewer)

RedCents
88¢
Hello all,

So I have a question and hoping for some insight. My current group makeup is Sk (max AAs), Clr (max AAs), Enc (max AAs) or Bard only (17k AA), Mag (32k AAs) or Zerk (17k AAs), Bst (32k AAs) and last is Monk (max AAs)

My enchanter / bard on same acct and mage / zerker on same acct. So I am wondering should I replace Monk with a zerker? Or should I would like any suggestions of the comb or chars that I currently have. Thank you ahead of time.

Shadow07

Hello all,

So I have a question and hoping for some insight. My current group makeup is Sk (max AAs), Clr (max AAs), Enc (max AAs) or Bard only (17k AA), Mag (32k AAs) or Zerk (17k AAs), Bst (32k AAs) and last is Monk (max AAs)

My enchanter / bard on same acct and mage / zerker on same acct. So I am wondering should I replace Monk with a zerker? Or should I would like any suggestions of the comb or chars that I currently have. Thank you ahead of time.

Shadow07
that group looks pretty fun.

any particular reason why you want to switch things up? what are your goals?

more than anything you should enjoy your group, and they should allow you to meet your goals - or at least work towards them --- after that you can worry about trying to cookie cutter streamline minmax 60fps RBG all the things.

I personally pair bards with melee toons (so rocking a couple melee groups that look like sk, clr/shm, bard, zerk, zerk, bst and sk, clr, bard, zerk, rog, monk etc) - but there are lots of viable combos

Man that is a hard choice to make. I take it that your build is around the SK. So start with the basics... Tank, healer, DPS. Then build around that. It also depends on what you want to do... for the other 3 slots.

Just someone suggested I should change things up. My original set up was SK, Clr, Enc, Mage, Monk, Bst. I struggled to kill things and kill fast, so I dropped mage and made Zerker and than noticed a significant upgrade in DPS. Then I replaced the enchanter for a bard who is helping to increase DPS, but the bard seems to die all the time. My goal is to create a group that will stay reasonably well for group content with the limited playtime I have now recently—currently recovering from my 3rd heart surgery over the last two years. I am falling behind in gearing up and getting augs for the group. Everyone is in ToV T1 except Sk he is all in TOV T3 gear visible and non-visible expect one ring. I guess that is where I lay at the moment.

Well IMHO I would keep the SK, Clr, Bst, Bard, Berzerker and change mage to either a wiz or another berzerker.
The Wiz is for ports and some DPS. SK, Berz, Berz, is a nice combo. Beast and Bard for support dps (don't let the bard fight).

SK, Clr, Bst, Bard, Berzerker, and monk.

gunna rely on port pots, anchors, Stein and campfires to get around but you’ll murder the everything.
you also have ghetto CoTH - suicide a few characters, drag with monk/sk, pop merc and Rez. Golden.

Thanks, everyone, talked it over with a few guildies and friends in some the high-end raid guilds, and they are saying the pretty much the same things like you folks here. I should stay with SK, CLR, Bst Bard, Berzerker, and monk. They gave some suggestions as well with Aug and other gear that would be good for me to get. Also, since I am recovering, I should do the progression for older expansion for heroic AAs.

hi all, i thought i would add here, currently playing on rizlona. i currently have 3 groups at level 50, im about to make a 4th and need some imput/suggestions.
I currently have a SK, Ench, Bard, mage, shammy, cleric in the first. Monk cleric bard mage necro necro in the second, 3rd group is bard, wiz cleric, druid , rogue, monk... in my 4th im thinking bring in another tank(warrior).. another bard, 2 mages, another monk.. and a ranger.. i was staring at the character creation screen for hours yesterday trying to figure out what i want.. is ranger really a good move and adding another tank for a 24 box?

if all you are trying to do is take out named then sure there will be room for necros but for the other 99.99% of the time
im guessing your doing an epic/dragon raid grp?
tank/2nd tank/Cler/Cler
Buff Grp
Dps (necros mages rangers)
DPS (same)
sprinkle bards through out as u please for haste/resists

Question - Current Group Setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back