• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Crysis System Req (1 Viewer)

Frost

RedCents
11¢
Alright, so I checked out Crysis on youtube and instantly decided I am going to buy it. I have a few questions though. First of all, has anyone played it, and is what this guy claims in this youtube video all true? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyQTCeobZlg)

Secondly: Does Crysis require you to have windows vista? Or am I fine running it on XP without dx10.

My mate is running it on XP. He have very good PC Tho he still cant use full grafics.
Btw, you might get more replies in rg gendral forum, instead of wow :p

If you haven't noticed, most everyone of the WoW community posts their off-topic questions in the general discussion forum. Seperates us from the non-subscribers.

But, thankyou for answering that I can play it on XP...

Have you tried it out and what were your thoughts?

Frost said:
If you haven't noticed, most everyone of the WoW community posts their off-topic questions in the general discussion forum. Seperates us from the non-subscribers.

Frost,

You forget that there are about 200 others in the Everquest section who read the General Discussion. You can do what you want but just saying it wouldn't be a bad idea to post there as well.

I downloaded the game from a private ftp(pm if you want).
At first it would not run on my computer do to a glitch in the settings for my graphics card. After a little tweeking I got it running around 20-25 fps.

Overall it fun, the graphics are top of the line. And yes it runs on XP. But due to Microcrap you will not be able to have the Very best Graphics as DX10 is not compatible with Windows.

I didn't beat the game, but I got about halfway through it. I downloaded a trainer and played a bit of the game with godmode and unlimited "power". A lot of fun to do that.

Frost said:

But, thankyou for answering that I can play it on XP...

Have you tried it out and what were your thoughts?

Sorry, it was just a tip, so you could get more opinions :)

Anyway, I abadoned game till I get better grafic card which will be in a week. But i like the feeling of the game, and the game system it self feels well done and enjoyable.

Crysis System Req

Users who are viewing this thread

Back