• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Crew Change up Opinions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
348¢
Hi guys,

With MQ2Ranger being released I have decided to change my crew up. Prior to the release I was running Pal/Clr/Enc/Mag/Nec/Bst. Now my crew is Pal/Clr/Enc/Rng/Nec/Bst.

Now that I have two melee is it worth swapping my Clr for my shaman? I am not a huge fan of shaman but im sure the adps will be nice for the two melee and im sure that between the Pal and Shm healing the tank can stay up for most content. If i swap the shaman in should I also swap out the enc for a bard? I really enjoy my enchanter and love the flexability she brings, and my Rng is pretty much oom most of the time so the extra mana regen helps. I would prefer to keep the enchanter but would the bard bring a huge improvement?

Ive loved my caster group, and didn't have as much fun with my melee group, but I have always loved Rng so here I am. I have a Ber and Rog chilling out also; but i have my doubts regarding their ability to replace the necros damage on named mobs.

I would love to get some advice and opinions.

Not sure what lvls you are talking about, but I would make the flip to a bard/Shaman/Rog or the zerker. The rog might out dps the zerker on humanoid, depending on your AA's gear etc.

my crew was all 120, but im working on running my pal and ranger to 120 now. all are in the 114 range, in the end my crew will be 120 max AA so just assume that.

so youre suggesting Clr -> Shm, Enc -> Brd, Nec -> Rog?

Almost sounds like you're heading down the same road I did. Started with my caster crew and then decided I wanted a bit of melee and after considering all the options you mentioned, I just went ahead and made a new team sans the tank. Now I wish I had done the tank too, so gonna do that now.

Swapping the clr for shm would work as you mentioned since shm post 100 will do fine with your pally. I would keep the enc personally just for cc purposes if you plan on focusing on group content.

If you dont want a whole new crew, maybe grab the PAL for your tank and add in your ROG, BER on the side, throw in the new RNG and add SHM/BRD. Now you'll have your PAL as a tank and can swap out any of the others you feel like playing.

Almost sounds like you're heading down the same road I did. Started with my caster crew and then decided I wanted a bit of melee and after considering all the options you mentioned, I just went ahead and made a new team sans the tank. Now I wish I had done the tank too, so gonna do that now.

Swapping the clr for shm would work as you mentioned since shm post 100 will do fine with your pally. I would keep the enc personally just for cc purposes if you plan on focusing on group content.

If you dont want a whole new crew, maybe grab the PAL for your tank and add in your ROG, BER on the side, throw in the new RNG and add SHM/BRD. Now you'll have your PAL as a tank and can swap out any of the others you feel like playing.
yea I plan on sticking with group content, i don't plan on using any of my crew for raiding. Ive gotten used to the enchanter handling mobs so easily that im nervous moving away from it!

My favorite duo is the ranger and the chanter. My trio is to add a beastlord to that mix.

I don't like paladins, bards or clerics but that's my personal thing. A lot depends on what you like really. :)

My favorite duo is the ranger and the chanter. My trio is to add a beastlord to that mix.

I don't like paladins, bards or clerics but that's my personal thing. A lot depends on what you like really. :)
lol yea thats how this crew came about. I like pally so i swapped from my fully maxed SK to a Pally. I love Rng so I threw one in. I prefer Enc over bard for the CC but if im getting melee heavy it might be worth it to switch. Honestly I loved the ability to round up like 20 mobs in the anniversary events, cc them all and clear it out quickly; but i typically keep my pulls small so Brd might work, i just hate not having CTWN plugins for my toons. Leveling i felt like my shaman died way too much, even with my pally tank; i had a lot of wipes because they got agro and crumpled (using MQ2Grind). Just playing my crew without grinding my shaman did ok, but the wolf form was quite annoying, when traveling places my guys would get stuck on corners sometimes.

yea I plan on sticking with group content, i don't plan on using any of my crew for raiding. Ive gotten used to the enchanter handling mobs so easily that im nervous moving away from it!
BRD does a pretty job at it as well imo but the enc is def superior. The enc plugin is my fav one so far!

Still worth mixing it up imo though and see how you like a bit diff crew

Hi guys,

With MQ2Ranger being released I have decided to change my crew up. Prior to the release I was running Pal/Clr/Enc/Mag/Nec/Bst. Now my crew is Pal/Clr/Enc/Rng/Nec/Bst.

Now that I have two melee is it worth swapping my Clr for my shaman? I am not a huge fan of shaman but im sure the adps will be nice for the two melee and im sure that between the Pal and Shm healing the tank can stay up for most content. If i swap the shaman in should I also swap out the enc for a bard? I really enjoy my enchanter and love the flexability she brings, and my Rng is pretty much oom most of the time so the extra mana regen helps. I would prefer to keep the enchanter but would the bard bring a huge improvement?

Ive loved my caster group, and didn't have as much fun with my melee group, but I have always loved Rng so here I am. I have a Ber and Rog chilling out also; but i have my doubts regarding their ability to replace the necros damage on named mobs.

If you're just doing group content, I would keep the mage over necro personally, more DPS in shorter amounts of time and you have COTH and pet weapons/armor for the BST. Necros shine more on longer fights like on raids. Still good but my Mages seem to do more dps, faster. Other that that, you could keep the line-up as it is. I prefer the Cleric for the stronger rez during fights, unless you get a rez stick for the shaman. Security over a little increase in DPS is my approach.

Why not both? Could always put the shaman on the same account as the cleric, and switch them out as needed? Or put them on different accounts and level up a whole second group while you level up the shaman lol.

If you're just doing group content, I would keep the mage over necro personally, more DPS in shorter amounts of time and you have COTH and pet weapons/armor for the BST. Necros shine more on longer fights like on raids. Still good but my Mages seem to do more dps, faster. Other that that, you could keep the line-up as it is. I prefer the Cleric for the stronger rez during fights, unless you get a rez stick for the shaman. Security over a little increase in DPS is my approach.
That's the same reason I have a cleric - rez. I don't have rez stick and I don't anticipate getting one anytime soon, so I keep a clr.

Hi guys,

Man The Shaman plugin is the truth and you don't have to perma swap. What you first listed is my favorite crew to run with a Shaman in lieu of the Cleric of course. My Shaman never run out of mana they are never in fact ever stressed for mana. And I have them on DPS at all times because well I have a Pally. You should run whatever crew makes you happy. But if you're looking for the best crew, right now Shaman is the healer no doubt. Ten out of ten folks will tell you that.

Discussion - Crew Change up Opinions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back