• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Crashing in guild hall when mq2 running (1 Viewer)

I gave up on fixing that. No matter what I do it comes back. Best to /unload if you are zoning to the guild hall and refresh or reload mq2 when you get to where you're going. Reinstalling will fix it for a couple of days.

Do either of you have Windows compatibility settings activated on mq2 or EQ? It's been known to cause problems.

Also backing up your current eqclient.ini, removing it, and letting EQ create a new one has helped some people.

I have the same issue, enter or exiting GH i completely crash out of EQ, i went as far to reinstall a fresh copy of Win10, lets see if i still have the issue.....cringe

Do either of you have Windows compatibility settings activated on mq2 or EQ? It's been known to cause problems.

Also backing up your current eqclient.ini, removing it, and letting EQ create a new one has helped some people.
Ive tried with it on and off, same thing, crashes out.

And no issues if i run EQ without MQ2. only with using MQ2 do the issues happen, like i said i just reinstalled win10 and MQ2 and making sure every driver is up to date etc and try again, oddly i never had this issue running win7, only after switching to win10 did this pop up.

Still Crash after /unload!
Try looking at your eqcrash data. Open eq folder with explorer, type txt in the search, and sort by date modified. Should see several documents that could give you a hint. Check ui errors, dbg and download info text documents for errors. Then open up you user/ower file and look for logs under AppData, local, daybreak game company, application updater and while our at the local window check Crash dumps for eq stuff. Now Right click your start button hit run temp and %temp%. Can't remember which one i found a crash log in. I open them in notepad and notepad++. I had to read a lot of crap... I ran this script in the end. https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Reset-Windows-Update-Agent-d824badc#content It will.....
1.Opens the system protection.2. Resets the Windows Update Components.echo. 3. Deletes the temporary files in Windows. 4. Opens the Internet Explorer options..5. Runs Chkdsk on the Windows partition.6. Runs the System File Checker tool. 7. Scans the image for component store corruption.8. Checks whether the image has been flagged as corrupted.9. Performs repair operations automatically. 10. Cleans up the superseded components.11. Deletes any incorrect registry values.12. Repairs/Resets Winsock settings.13. Force Group Policy Update. 14. Searches Windows updates.15. Explores other local solutions.16. Explores other online solutions.17. Downloads the Diagnostic Tools.18. Restarts your PC.

Along with strait up crashes to desktop i have also gotten a crash with a "inject failure error" pop up as well, not every time but i have had that happen also, it's a real mess, i have reinstalled win10, reinstalled mq2, updated every driver, tried playing with plug ins, messed with guild hall settings, changed resolutions, pretty much everything i could think of and that others have suggested with no effect, if i run EQ without mq2 there is zero crashes, and i have had crashes from just zoning but the major crashes always seem to be from entering the guild hall be it from in game or logging into the game if i logged out in the guild hall. it's a real pain in the butt lol i will keep at it until it's fixed :) thank you for all those that have helped :)

Along with strait up crashes to desktop i have also gotten a crash with a "inject failure error" pop up as well, not every time but i have had that happen also, it's a real mess, i have reinstalled win10, reinstalled mq2, updated every driver, tried playing with plug ins, messed with guild hall settings, changed resolutions, pretty much everything i could think of and that others have suggested with no effect, if i run EQ without mq2 there is zero crashes, and i have had crashes from just zoning but the major crashes always seem to be from entering the guild hall be it from in game or logging into the game if i logged out in the guild hall. it's a real pain in the butt lol i will keep at it until it's fixed :) thank you for all those that have helped :)
run that script for power shell. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/ is what i used to figure it out. C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0 run powershell_ise.exe as admi

i found a fix for this copy or drag you mq2 file to a new folder download a new mq2 setup drag and drop your cutom macros and setups to the new folder and copy your nav files delete your guild hall related files in nav as well as in eq.

after you copied all the custom files you can either delete the old mq2 file or save it as a backup run the new mq2 setup with the new reinstalled mq2 also delete mq2slave file

you should be good to go make sure your new exe icon points to the new mq2 setup

Tech - Crashing in guild hall when mq2 running

Users who are viewing this thread

Back