• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Cost per month (1 Viewer)

RedCents
686¢
Do most people who 6 box break even every month in terms of krono farmed?

I am just curious if people are paying out of pocket or are able to farm that cost back every month, if so, how much time does it take to farm 6kr on average?

My 6box crew is all ftp. I mostly Play around in older expansions and enjoy the game that way. I can’t imagine farming ini enough plat to buy 6 krono a month. I simply dont have the time and resource. Kudos to those that do!

I think it would depend on the server. My server is not the greatest for selling items in the bazzar. The plat for KR or visa versa is doing well. Most of the people making plat and krono are selling ToV and CoV mission achievements runs. I dont think you could farm 6 krono using other methods or at least on my server. The ultra rares were ok for making some profit but with access to new raid weapons and the T3 crafted weapons the value of them have tanked down to about 1m plat and there isnt much of a market for them ive had 2 on sale for the better part of a month now.

I run 8-ish toons all gold subbed through krono. Two of those are traders (both have actual playable toons, though). I keep the traders gold no matter what, and then use those traders to sell things like collectibles (although Overseer has reduced the effectiveness of doing that with non-CoV collects) and other items. Between that and getting some krono from redcents earned here, I've managed to not pay actual $$ for a subscription or krono for what seems like 2+ years. With that said, I definitely benefited from the EoK/RoS era of chase loot being awesome.... so that gave me a head start for a while. But that was NOT a crazy head start that I'm sure some here had/continue to have.

There are places to farm where you can net about 20k per 30 minutes. So that is 40k an hour. Times 10 (10 hours) = 400,000. Times 5 (50 hours) = 2,000,000 which is the average price of Krono on many servers. And that is selling everything. No hoarding allowed. ;) Lots of math involved here that is subject to how one plays. I tried this and while its good to get a nice influx of plat, it took too much time away from the fun play time. It was like a job!!!

I seem to be doing well with baz. I don't have any chase items but sell easy to get drops real cheap and some tradeskill stuff. I tried the Krono market where you buy one for 2.1 mil then sell it for 2.2 but that depends on how low you can find it and it doesn't always work.

As an All Access account I can also get 14k ish from loyalty merchant by purchasing the bags of plat for 436 tokens. Since a fully vested All Access account gets 120/week then I can get one of those a month. I can then use that for playing the baz market. Buy low, sell high. But just like the krono buy/sell it depends on what deals you can snag.

Between all that I sometimes make enough for 1 Krono a month. No where near 6.

Others mileage may and probably does vary. Will be nice to hear other's methods.

I make decent plat (15-20m a week), however.. 24 accounts, KR are 4-4.5 on my server.. so it would be close.. I really thought about doing the math and the hours, but i play for fun, and as noted above it can become to much like a job.

I just pay for my 6 accounts - it's less than I'd spend in one night at the pub, for a months entertainment

I'd rather spend my time playing the game, than a good chunk of it generating enough plat to fund subs

This x10. Even though I have played bazaar game before and made tons of pp - just too old to deal with this now, not worth my time. I've gone other end now making sure i have enough Krono / pp to buy anything I want.

I am just curious if people are paying out of pocket or are able to farm that cost back every month, if so, how much time does it take to farm 6kr on average?
Yes, I can often net 10-20 kr per month casually playing depending on market. PM and I can give you a few key trades/pointers if you want

I use 4-5 krono a month, two on traders selling more than enough to by the 5 krono a month, the other 2-3 krono on my box, tank, healer and sometimes mage depending on what i am camping that month. the rest of my toons are ftp.

Also Setsuni...not that's it's a rule..but you should consider setting up your casters/healers w/ non-prestige setup (so once you max them they can be FTP). Usually the only accts you should really be paying for are tanks/melee since they are very gear dependent...but even then...you can get about 250-280k HP FTP War/SK with TOV non-prestige (T1 drop gear) which are great for farming...pop a krono to max our their aa's and then put them to work.

How do you guys crank out that much plat? Maybe its the level range I play in but if I can produce 20k in a whole weekend I am thrilled.

Ryn...there's a couple of strategies you can use. I think the simplest explanation is finding the right camps, making sure you have a good farm/barter/trader strategy...and being patient...it takes a bit to get things going but when you have your farm/bots and relationships built in /bazaar things just gel. Also...sell illusions/mounts in /bazaar from monthly subs. I know it's tempting to want to get these on all your chars...but ath easily generates 1-2 krono per in most servers.

I may be preaching to the choir...but make sure you clearly separate in your mind your bots groups from your mains in accts/e-mails. Always remember accounts are FTP...so you can pretty quickly build teams and deploy them as long as your computer has the processing power.

Pro-tips:
  • I wouldn't recommend farming with the same chars, the same zones, forever...take a break...switch it up...and if you start to generate massive resources (blue diamonds, diamonds, etc...) assume a supplier mindset (store overages) and don't flood the server.
  • Work with people who buy tradeskill items via /barter to negotiate a good price for you...let them own the retail side and everyone will be happy. (My loose rule of thumb with my retailers is I want at least 1/3 or 1/4th of whatever they're retailing for...usually works really well)
  • Watch /bazaar volumes...you don't want thousands of anything listed...so you have to control the flow of items out. If prices drop enough...sometimes i create a drought and stop supplying for a week or two to raise barter...or if someone floods and prices drop i'll buy everyone out for pennies and then reset the system for my retailers removing some of the risk for them...
  • Try not to sell trademats AND finished products...that creates unnecessary pressure on your buyers.
  • Last but not least...encourage competition from /buyers, be fair...and keep it all business. People in /bazaar that retail can get vicious...stay above the fray and learn how to keep them happy and working for you.
  • Recognize that there is such a thing as plat drying up...in your server...specially if you have really big fish/players in your marketplace. Sometimes you have to plunge 20-30 mil across buyers to get things moving...or sell some of your krono reserves (hopefully at a reasonable marging 5-10%) so that others can keep the lights on or buy your stuff.
Sorry for the long post...hope it helps!

Last edited:
Depending on your toons, tradeskill items can be a mint. Selling LR to ores on some servers alone can net you almost a krono per lockout, selling progression/Paragon can be rather lucrative. Powerleveling can be extremely worthwhile and like others have said, turning Loyalty/DPGCash into plat can supplement your income (I've sold group xp pot spots for ~kr each on TLP). Typically, I prestige gear only my tank and everyone else is non-prestige T1 and goes FTP after maxing AA for the current expansion - then I start banking krono.

I think part of my issue is that I just came back about a year ago after such a long break (before that I think Dragons of Norrath just came out when I quit... or was it Depths of Darkhollow?). My account from then is silver but the rest of my accounts are free. I've been holding on to a little pile of krono for when I get my guys up to about 85ish. My silver account also has about 1100 SC on it because when I left EQ I played EQ2 for a few years and towards the end of my EQ2 run they started the SC thing. I've been selling my TS items on barter to make money but I noticed they go for A LOT more in the bazaar. That seems to be the strategy on my server at least... Buy TS items off of the F2P people on barter for cheap then unload that stuff on the bazaar for a nice profit.

When I krono, I can park a mule in bazaar and unload a pile of stuff i've been sitting on. While I don't expect to make enough to keep me in the kronos perpetually, I do hope to generate a nice pile of plat for spells and such. Maybe one day when I am at your levels I can generate regular krono plat but I think its a big stretch to do that now. Until then it's krono with real cash and the occasional redcent krono.

I don't even bother trying to farm enough krono to cover my 6 accounts. Rough math sees me spending so much time doing unfun grind stuff (or automating while afk) that makes me not want to bother. So I just pay or 6 one-year subscriptions. Any krono I get goes to either buying chase loot or converting into plat.

I don't even bother trying to farm enough krono to cover my 6 accounts. Rough math sees me spending so much time doing unfun grind stuff (or automating while afk) that makes me not want to bother. So I just pay or 6 one-year subscriptions. Any krono I get goes to either buying chase loot or converting into plat.
It can turn into a full time job for sure, i've found myself sitting on mountains of stuff and forgotten the game was about playing and having fun...end of day this equation is a little different for everyone.

It can turn into a full time job for sure, i've found myself sitting on mountains of stuff and forgotten the game was about playing and having fun...end of day this equation is a little different for everyone.

Yep, I was running a 6 box group a year ago. For ages I was grinding away farming plat, fussing over buyer/trader in the bazaar etc. In the end I got burned out and realised I just wasn't having fun and quit. Now returned and just soloing on a single gold account with a Nec. Currently 65 and spending my evenings relaxing with a beer and getting some AA xp in HoH. Taking things very slowly and enjoying the journey. Fallen back in love with the game and not a care about plat or krono.

This was a very enlightening post!! Thank to all the players who responded about it being a drag and too time consuming to maintain. I thought I was playing wrong since I could not figure out how to obtain all those Krono!!!!

I was spending at least 3 hours a day farming etc and not getting anywhere. I am going back to just having fun in the game like others have mentioned!

But there is other creative financing.

You can earn cash back on your credit cards and most utility companies (like your electric, cell phone etc) will allow you to use the card without incurring an additional fee. It doesn't seem like much each month but at the end of the year I earn enough for at least 1 account for a full year.

Question - Cost per month

Users who are viewing this thread

Back