• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Considering Very Vanilla -- To Heroic a group or start fresh? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
893¢
Hey Guys,

I'm very interested in getting into MQ2 and Very Vanilla (although I'm just level 1 member right now). I currently have a level 105 monk and I am considering boxing a full group.

Question: Would you recommend just getting Heroic characters to round the group out or just level those 5 characters from level 1?

What are the benefits of heroic characters (besides the obvious lvl 85/bags/mount/gear)?

Thank you for your time!

I would definitely want to heroic the tank, the healer would be a good 2nd to heroic.

The advantage to starting with heroic's is that if you want to delete them and remake, you can do so and start at 85 again instead of powerleveling.

There are some guides that make powerleveling the other classes easier so you could round out DPS without spending more $$.

Why would you want to heroic the tank and healer? Just for the gear or what?

Also, I have heard that heroic chars have DoN progression already done, so they can use the AA's and such from that. Is that true and if so, is it really that big of a deal?

P.S.: Thank you so much for the lvl 2!!

So heroic does give the gear and AA's like gold access but it also gives you trials for mur or w.e increase resist instead of having to do and a few other little things. Not sure if it gives you the Ldon thing.

So heroic does give the gear and AA's like gold access but it also gives you trials for mur or w.e increase resist instead of having to do and a few other little things. Not sure if it gives you the Ldon thing.

It does give you 4/5 or 5/6 of the DoN aa's. I don't think it gives you everything, but the final level is a super easy solo kill and you already have the faction to take advantage of it. The hardest part about modern DoN stuff is going through the mindnumbing process of getting the necessary faction.

It does give you 4/5 or 5/6 of the DoN aa's. I don't think it gives you everything, but the final level is a super easy solo kill and you already have the faction to take advantage of it. The hardest part about modern DoN stuff is going through the mindnumbing process of getting the necessary faction.

Yeah exactly.. all the initial stuff is done , just have to do the last raid to complete, and get that last DoN AA..

you also get your MPG AA's as well for the increased resistances.

As suggested, tanks heroic for the super fast filling of 30ac augs. One less headache in the scheme.

You could heroic a sk use that to hatchery macro PL the rest of your new chars to a point you can simply group with the monk for xp and get them all up to 85+

If you don't want a sk for a tank, after you do most the PL you can delete it and remake a war/pal, just remember to shared bank the pp/bags before deleting

Question - Considering Very Vanilla -- To Heroic a group or start fresh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back