• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Considering Very Vanilla -- To Heroic a group or start fresh?

RedCents
231¢
Hey Guys,

I'm very interested in getting into MQ2 and Very Vanilla (although I'm just level 1 member right now). I currently have a level 105 monk and I am considering boxing a full group.

Question: Would you recommend just getting Heroic characters to round the group out or just level those 5 characters from level 1?

What are the benefits of heroic characters (besides the obvious lvl 85/bags/mount/gear)?

Thank you for your time!

Darkie

RedCents
4,997¢
I would definitely want to heroic the tank, the healer would be a good 2nd to heroic.

The advantage to starting with heroic's is that if you want to delete them and remake, you can do so and start at 85 again instead of powerleveling.

There are some guides that make powerleveling the other classes easier so you could round out DPS without spending more $$.

Darkie

RedCents
4,997¢
and free month of Level 2 access should be turned on now so you can read & get started.

RedCents
231¢
Why would you want to heroic the tank and healer? Just for the gear or what?

Also, I have heard that heroic chars have DoN progression already done, so they can use the AA's and such from that. Is that true and if so, is it really that big of a deal?

P.S.: Thank you so much for the lvl 2!!

TheEld3r

RedCents
138¢
So heroic does give the gear and AA's like gold access but it also gives you trials for mur or w.e increase resist instead of having to do and a few other little things. Not sure if it gives you the Ldon thing.

RedCents
186¢
going heroic on the tank or any of the toons also gives you access to the Heroic augs which although not great are a good start. 30AC augs for tanks in all slots is a good start point.

RedCents
6,971¢
So heroic does give the gear and AA's like gold access but it also gives you trials for mur or w.e increase resist instead of having to do and a few other little things. Not sure if it gives you the Ldon thing.
It does give you 4/5 or 5/6 of the DoN aa's. I don't think it gives you everything, but the final level is a super easy solo kill and you already have the faction to take advantage of it. The hardest part about modern DoN stuff is going through the mindnumbing process of getting the necessary faction.

LorDeth

RedCents
1,206¢
It does give you 4/5 or 5/6 of the DoN aa's. I don't think it gives you everything, but the final level is a super easy solo kill and you already have the faction to take advantage of it. The hardest part about modern DoN stuff is going through the mindnumbing process of getting the necessary faction.
Yeah exactly.. all the initial stuff is done , just have to do the last raid to complete, and get that last DoN AA..

you also get your MPG AA's as well for the increased resistances.

Maskoi

So old and salty he grew scales
RedCents
68,140¢
If you can afford it and time is an issue/ Heroic toons all the way
If the easiest and the fastest

Rooster

RedCents
1,409¢
As suggested, tanks heroic for the super fast filling of 30ac augs. One less headache in the scheme.

You could heroic a sk use that to hatchery macro PL the rest of your new chars to a point you can simply group with the monk for xp and get them all up to 85+

If you don't want a sk for a tank, after you do most the PL you can delete it and remake a war/pal, just remember to shared bank the pp/bags before deleting