• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Considering adding a 6th (1 Viewer)

Not_The_Droid

RedCents
146¢
Currently box sk/shm/necro/mage/bard. Thinking about making an enchanter on bard account so I can swap those out depending on what I need. Considered a beastlord but also figured a wizard may be better suited? Are they worth it this patch? Ranger headshot seems like fun as well. I also usually run a healer merc in my 6th spot. Would a cleric/druid be a viable option, or just overkill? Thanks in advance.

Currently box sk/shm/necro/mage/bard. Thinking about making an enchanter on bard account so I can swap those out depending on what I need. Considered a beastlord but also figured a wizard may be better suited? Are they worth it this patch? Ranger headshot seems like fun as well. I also usually run a healer merc in my 6th spot. Would a cleric/druid be a viable option, or just overkill? Thanks in advance.
For group content the cleric would be overkill. I don't think you could ever go wrong adding a BST.

Keep the bard, because he adds more than what the enchanter can do, Just add a DPS character, the shaman should beable to keep your group up in group content.

Ive watched parses and for some reason my bst has fallen off with the new weapons compared to my rogues... Id throw a rogue in there, but id imagine any dps would be good fill for last slot to fill.

Agree with keeping the bard. Since you have more of a caster group already I'd lean toward another mage or, if you don't like duplication, a wizard. BST isn't a bad choice, I'm just not sure it's as much a benefit to your group as it would be a melee one. Unless you find yourself taking med breaks often then yeah BST for sure.

Wizards burn so hard that in 'oh shit' situations they can be great. Also evac. Both are good safety adds without adding another priest.

I disagree with keeping the Bard - Enc is UBER in caster group and best at CC without a doubt.

If you are going with a Caster Theme - Stick to it. Wizards are good...just not as good as other classes - the imbalance of casters/Melee has only gotten worse with LS. Fights dont last long enough to validate casters in most group situations.

Wizzies are doing good in LS compared with the past, so the ports are a nice addition if you like the caster theme.

Bst adds another pet and adps as well

I disagree with keeping the Bard - Enc is UBER in caster group and best at CC without a doubt.

If you are going with a Caster Theme - Stick to it. Wizards are good...just not as good as other classes - the imbalance of casters/Melee has only gotten worse with LS. Fights dont last long enough to validate casters in most group situations.
This what my thought too, being predominately a caster group. It also adds a pet(even if it's shitty) with beast being a hybrid and also having a pet it would seem to work to me. But melee does seem to be at an advantage this expansion. So I'm not opposed to running one.

I guess my choices at this point would be down to Beast, Ranger, Rogue, or Wizard. I've never been super partial to Zerks.
With maybe leveling an enchanter just for the buffs/to see if I enjoy it.

Everything but rogue also has some form of group utility from buffs to evac as well... So I'd probably really consider a beast, ranger or wiz over the others. In your guys opinion which of those 3 would be the best suited for my comp?

I guess my choices at this point would be down to Beast, Ranger, Rogue, or Wizard. I've never been super partial to Zerks.
With maybe leveling an enchanter just for the buffs/to see if I enjoy it.

Everything but rogue also has some form of group utility from buffs to evac as well... So I'd probably really consider a beast, ranger or wiz over the others. In your guys opinion which of those 3 would be the best suited for my comp?
BST or WIZ for my vote. Both would be cool, it mostly depends on which one you like best.

I have a similar thought of adding a 6th to my team. Running pal/shm/brd/mag/rng and for 6th I was considering bst (focused paragon for the mana hungry rng and yay pets) a 2nd mage, or a wizard for ports / benefit from mage synergy.

I have a similar thought of adding a 6th to my team. Running pal/shm/brd/mag/rng and for 6th I was considering bst (focused paragon for the mana hungry rng and yay pets) a 2nd mage, or a wizard for ports / benefit from mage synergy.
We have a super similar comp. I think Im gonna give the beast a go. Hopefully not a decision I regret lol

Discussion - Considering adding a 6th

Users who are viewing this thread

Back