• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Computer set-up must haves (1 Viewer)

RedCents
284¢
Yo everyone!

What’s everyone’s must have when they play eq or just sit at the comp in general? I want to update my set up with some hidden gems.

Ergonomics, devices, anything!

My recent pick up is this footrest and monitor stand

Thanks for playin!!

Attachments

• ADDEEF8D-8E98-44C5-96DC-69ABFC9BAE75.jpeg
    ADDEEF8D-8E98-44C5-96DC-69ABFC9BAE75.jpeg
    722.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 65734DB4-27F4-4685-A698-CB3D815337A4.jpeg
    65734DB4-27F4-4685-A698-CB3D815337A4.jpeg
    458.2 KB · Views: 4
Nice foot rest, I could never get used to those myself but I always wanted to. brainiac and I were talking the other day about how we both need new chairs.

At the start of the Pandemic, I bought a desk/treadmill to fight off the extra pounds. Its crazy how easily you get used to playing / reading and coding while walking.

--Taz

tr1200-dt7_48_fullview_silver_gray_pc_900-30pb_900x.jpg

I have a standing desk and a treadmill as well. For a while I was walking about 6 miles per day. I cannot do anything with the mouse while using it though, so I have hotkeys for everything.

That's pretty strong, i normally quit at 5 miles which is roughly a little over 10,000 steps for me. Sometimes i do more if the podcast or audible book has distracted me enough :P

The biggest POS that will run the game and the "alternative" software. What planet do you live on where you let "strangers" who want to help you "break the rules" of a game have admin access to your $3k system? Do you do your online email, shopping and banking on the same PC? Just curious.

The biggest POS that will run the game and the "alternative" software. What planet do you live on where you let "strangers" who want to help you "break the rules" of a game have admin access to your $3k system? Do you do your online email, shopping and banking on the same PC? Just curious.
eh? :confused:

Time. That thing I never have enough of without interruption unless it's 10pm-4am.

I got a memory foam footrest thing just to lift my legs up and help circulation and a shoulder brace thing cause I get mouse-shoulder apparently. Also have that same dual monitor arm but it's set up funky due to my layout, one arm holds a screen above another on its own stand and the other holds one whose stand was too fat for my riser, and the whole things clamped on the corner of the desk. Also 2 keyboards for main machine: one on the desk with the other 4 for playing, and 1 one the tray for when I wanna lounge and write or whatever. My setup, having 5+ mice for the same group, also requires one of those fulldesktop mousepads.

I think Sifter might be in the wrong thread. Or on crack.

Anyway, the doctor octopus stuff isn’t really my thing. I think at that point I would just want the full on VR rig.

IRL - Computer set-up must haves

Users who are viewing this thread

Back