• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Cobalt Scar & Western Wastes (1 Viewer)

RedCents
820¢
Hi All,

I want to move on to CoV with my group now since I can farm all nameds in Eastern Wastes & Great Divide.

First question - spell vendors. I heard that a wizard can evac to the zoneline of WW, however if I try that by going to Cobalt Scar via Guild portal, then Evac, I get nowhere near WW. Is there a trick to it or did it change?

2nd question - where are good spots to hunt in Cobalt Scar? Do I ruin my faction if I kill the wrong mobs? Anything to look out for / avoid?

Generally speaking I like hunting in plain open space, so EW and Great Divide were great for my play style. And I don't like fighting in or with lots of water... so is Cobalt Scar an option, or should I skip it and move somewhere else?

My group is WAR/CLR/BRD/ROG/MAG/WIZ, all lvl 115, all paid accounts, latest expansion, max AA for their level.

Many thanks

Solution
Gotta go through cobalt scar/ sirens grotto and into WW. Once in WW then evac point is in the valley proximal to the vendors, but not right next to
Gotta go through cobalt scar/ sirens grotto and into WW. Once in WW then evac point is in the valley proximal to the vendors, but not right next to
The evac point is completely unnecessary as where you zone into WW from CS (Sirens grotto), the vendors are basically above you while in the tunnel and nothing is agro. Just run out tunnel entrance, go up and to the right towards the vendors.

First question - spell vendors. I heard that a wizard can evac to the zoneline of WW, however if I try that by going to Cobalt Scar via Guild portal, then Evac, I get nowhere near WW. Is there a trick to it or did it change?
Either someone lied to you or you misunderstood what was being said. Wizards and druids can port their group to their own bind point. Many people bound their character in WW next to the vendors while CoV was current so they could port their group directly there. But it's not evac and it requires the port class to be bound in WW. They still had to run through CS the long way to get there in the first place.

Either someone lied to you or you misunderstood what was being said. Wizards and druids can port their group to their own bind point. Many people bound their character in WW next to the vendors while CoV was current so they could port their group directly there. But it's not evac and it requires the port class to be bound in WW. They still had to run through CS the long way to get there in the first place.
Yup, my wizard is bound there for this reason. The run sucks, so we Tele to bind point.

Also take several guildies there that way. Just group them up.

Druids can do the same thing.

Question - Cobalt Scar & Western Wastes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back