• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Cleric Merc or Cleric FTP / Gold? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,735¢
Has anyone used a Cleric Merc, and then compared to a Kiss driven FTP Cleric through all the levels? I know that my go to has been to usually supplement my group with the mercs because of the lower level insane regen rates (to a point of course). But is it more worth having a FTP cleric for the ability to equip them with better gear and have more spell variety / control? For that matter, how much better would it be to have a Gold Cleric? Trying to decide if I should always just stick to Cleric mercs, or just use a FTP / Gold Cleric.

Any input is highly appreciated!

f2p with krono'd autogrant - without question
Forgive my ignorance, I am not as well versed and up to date as some other long time players. But, what does that mean exactly? Or can you post a thread where I can read something about it? I know what a krono is. And I know what Autogrant is. But is that mearly saying to just have a sub with kronos rather than paying the monthly subscription?

Get your cleric up to 110-115, then use a krono for a month to max-out the autogrant AA and grind as many more as you can in a month. Once the subscription time runs out, the AA you have over the FTP cap still function normally.

f2p with krono'd autogrant - without question

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

Personal opinion/bias/belief...if you're not running a FTP (Non-prestige) cleric with MQ2Cleric (AND and Enchanter with MQ2Enchanter) you haven't lived

Just my two redcents

GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Forgive my ignorance, I am not as well versed and up to date as some other long time players. But, what does that mean exactly? Or can you post a thread where I can read something about it? I know what a krono is. And I know what Autogrant is. But is that mearly saying to just have a sub with kronos rather than paying the monthly subscription?
It means make a cleric...get it to max lvl...then click a krono so you can get autogrant aa's...and then max his/her aa's skill. Keep said healer in non-prestige gear (so you don't have to pay monthly subscriptions every month after you max out)...

As you're doing the above do both a cleric and an enchanter for any team you're building...i don't even make groups without those 3 key ingredients and a bard anymore...so much quality of live with have those 4 basic classes on every team you run.

tank/bard/shaman can work well too...but meh love having dual mezzers and the adps that enc/bard add and the extra hp from cleric aura is totally worth it

You'll usually know it's one of us in game when you see our group...half of a zone or so will usually be all around our teams ...waiting to die mezzed...and our tanks/dps clearing shit non-stop.

Last edited:
ya. the FTP cleric offers way more than a cleric merc, especially with RG. Being able to customize exactly what happens with your healer is amazing. plus u also get benefits like their Auras which arent small. that and lets be honest. Mercs SUCK.

Just be sure to maximize your bang for buck like Sic Said. dont waste the KR til u r at least 110 so you get the full auto aa grant. You can find that by hitting your aa panel "V"? going to the top right corner and clicking the box that says " Auto Grant" turn that on and relog. presto, a beautiful, OP for group, healing cleric. There are some augs you can get that will work with FTP i believe. There is a write up somewhere on this forum that can help you with that if u want to find out.

Good Luck

Get your cleric up to 110-115, then use a krono for a month to max-out the autogrant AA and grind as many more as you can in a month. Once the subscription time runs out, the AA you have over the FTP cap still function normally.
Take it to 115 then use krono/sub and autogrant and grind AA like crazy. Unless you xp like a madman, you will run out of sub time before you max aa. Finish off to 120 then drop another krono/sub and finish off your aa. Buy rk2 spell enabler from marketplace with your free marketplace currency from the two months subs. You can still get normal xp via overseer while grinding aa.

Take it to 115 then use krono/sub and autogrant and grind AA like crazy. Unless you xp like a madman, you will run out of sub time before you max aa. Finish off to 120 then drop another krono/sub and finish off your aa. Buy rk2 spell enabler from marketplace with your free marketplace currency from the two months subs. You can still get normal xp via overseer while grinding aa.
w/ autogrant @ 115...most classes take about a week @ 8 hrs. steady play (some even less, EX: berzerkers) for Max AA. Note: this assumes you have a tank/bard/enc/cleric + decent dps...and that you're in a good dungeon going uninterrupted.

TOV - Crystal Caverns, Rygorr Mines, Velketors, and or GD Instance missions are really good for grindage. So is the Dorf cave in GD...if you wanna go ROS there's the classics (Howling Stones and Sathir's Thomb...or Droga or Korsha's Lab if you don't mind chase assisting)

Hit all the missions too if you can (Griklor, Velketors are easy 8 second clears)...FFA...and you can get some sweet bags out of it too. If you do collects is gets even easier w/ aa's

Has anyone used a Cleric Merc, and then compared to a Kiss driven FTP Cleric through all the levels? I know that my go to has been to usually supplement my group with the mercs because of the lower level insane regen rates (to a point of course). But is it more worth having a FTP cleric for the ability to equip them with better gear and have more spell variety / control? For that matter, how much better would it be to have a Gold Cleric? Trying to decide if I should always just stick to Cleric mercs, or just use a FTP / Gold Cleric.

Any input is highly appreciated!
You should definitely go with a FTP cleric running either the class plugin or Kissassist. The biggest advantage over the healer merc is the FTP/gold cleric's ability to battle rez. Second, is the ability to stun and add DPS which can add up to a LOT if you're fighting undeads. At lower levels you can do fine with a FTP cleric, but at higher levels you'll want to make it gold to get the AAs.

A ftp cleric with a decent kissassist.ini will outheal 2 mercs, as soon as he grows out of the complete-heal lvl-range.
What I am afraid of with FTP cleric option is the amount of mana and HP, along with how much of a beating a FTP cleric can take all throughout the level range (1-120). The mercs seem to take quite a beating. And they just seemingly never run out of mana because of the mana regen (to a certain level). Any thoughts?

Question - Cleric Merc or Cleric FTP / Gold?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back