• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Class to Fill out Trio (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,616¢
Hey guys.

I just started back into the game after a frickin 16 year hiatus lol. And I have a Duo that I used to play. 54 Ranger (on a gold account) and a 54 Shaman (on a silver account). I was hoping some of you would advise me on what Class has synergy with them to make a Trio. Keep in mind that the Ranger is my original first character I made in EQ back in 99. So, yes, I want to keep him around. Also, after doing some reading, things become much harder later in levels. And I would want to take them all the way to 110. Maybe make them into a Plat farm team or PL team even.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Welcome back to the game Vrakenor!

I had a 9 year break and things were crazy different - Very Vanilla definitely helps.

a Real tank is pretty important imo.

Sk, Ranger, Shm, is a good start with a clr merc and 2 wiz mercs

Since you're using Very Vanilla and f2p is all the way up to EoK, maybe you should think about filling out a full group (once you have your bearings)

I would start with a tank (SK), and toss in a CC (bard), and then a zerk for sillydps

SK, Ranger, Shm, Bard, Zerk, then either a clr or another dps like zerk (some don't like solo shm for end game, some do)

(join our Discord)

Hey Sic thanks for the input. I already have a 6 character group that I am leveling up (lvl 27 right now). Using them to relearn the game and learn MQ2 and boxing. It's been kind of a slow slog, but I am getting there. Just about to the point of starting to use Kiss. I can tell you one thing, I found out real quick why people say NOT to quest. Sheesh, talk about slow. My 6 box consists of:

War, Bard, Enc, Wiz, Clr and Mage. Works pretty good so far. Love the AOE action lol, I will use it til I can't anymore.

My Ranger is a goody, goody two shoes, so would a Pally work in place of an SK?

Sorry Scots you posted just before I did lol. Anyways I want to keep the Ranger for sentimental reasons. (note the mental part of that statement)

Hey Sic thanks for the input. I already have a 6 character group that I am leveling up (lvl 27 right now). Using them to relearn the game and learn MQ2 and boxing. It's been kind of a slow slog, but I am getting there. Just about to the point of starting to use Kiss. I can tell you one thing, I found out real quick why people say NOT to quest. Sheesh, talk about slow. My 6 box consists of:

War, Bard, Enc, Wiz, Clr and Mage. Works pretty good so far. Love the AOE action lol, I will use it til I can't anymore.

My Ranger is a goody, goody two shoes, so would a Pally work in place of an SK?

Sorry Scots you posted just before I did lol. Anyways I want to keep the Ranger for sentimental reasons. (note the mental part of that statement)

Pal would work nicely, especially if you're going to just have the shm on heals (tho SKs are pretty amazing, you should consider an exception =p)

Well you both mention SK's and it just so happens that I have a "Evil" 3 or 6 box in mind (being the evil genius that I am muhahaha, well not sure about the genius part). I am thinking 3 box and use them to PL other tunes with. But, alas, that is for down the road. Thanks for the advise guys, appreciate it.

Shadow Knight is my vote for the trio. But any of the three tanks would work. Too much overlap when you have both bard AND enchanter in a non-pickup group. Melee DPS is very strong these days with zerkers being the strongest. Basically, you got very good advice above. And yes, zerker's are silly DPS.

If you're going a six man group, options to think about including, a mage is nice for COTH; they do more-than solid DPS and can tank in a pinch. Wizard/Druid is also very good DPS and you've got your ports and evac, but I wouldn't give a lot of weight to the ability to evac.

My main six man group is:
SK
Cleric
Enchanter
Wiz
Ranger
Zerker

... and I’m VERY happy with what that group can accomplish. Just saying :)

Question - Class to Fill out Trio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back