• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - China bans gold farming (1 Viewer)

This is very interesting .... I'm curious as the affect that it will have.

Gold farmers will always find a way ... its the mantra of the crack dealer ....

They may "move" their business outside China and keep working inside China.

There are new running gag when the gold spammer pops in public channel. Usually it's something like "Say hello to Bubba in your cell" or "Can I has your stuff Chinese execute you?"

China's Ministry of Culture defines 'virtual currency' as "prepaid cards of cyber-games," though a report in China Daily claims that 'in-game gear' is excluded.

I'm baffled by the inclusion of this sentence at the end. It *seems* to say that this has nothing to do with gold farming whatsoever, so I'm kinda confused.

I have been preaching this for the past couple of weeks, but I advise anyone who wants to buy gold to be very careful. I have had some recent experience in talking to a GM that they are cracking down harder now than ever.

I am not talking about only account bans, but some kind of IP ban system. Not sure how that will work with proxies, but just know that when you buy gold, there is always a trail, and they will find you, and ban you. This is because many gold sellars actually steal the gold from hacked accounts. All Blizzard has to do is track it to your account and see your involvement in it.

Unless they legitamately made the gold, and there is no suspicious activity linking their account to yours, (which is really slim to none), then you aren't safe.

News - China bans gold farming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back