• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Characters dropping group and attempting to log out (1 Viewer)

RedCents
100¢
Good evening. I hope I put this in the right place this time. I am having a problem that my characters sometimes seemingly randomly drop the group. They also sometimes attempt to log out. I think I read another similiar post somewhere on here that I may be pushing keys that are tied to bindings to do those things? I'm not sure about that. I don't use the keyboard a whole lot while grouping. I do use the mouse quite a bit. If this is something that is just EQ related can you point me in the right direction to set bindings I might not hit as easily? Thanks!

No that is turned off. Attempting to camp only happens occasionally. It is the dropping of the group that is more annoying-especially when it is the main assist
control-D is the default for "disband" i personally unbind that for that reason above - but control-x might be camp?

I had this problem for a while, it was user error. I would click the tabs down on the taskbar to switch between toons, just so happens that the group window was very close to the disband/camp button, and if I clicked on the picture, sometimes it would disband the person from group (clicked through). Hope that makes sense.

I've noticed while in full screen windowed mode that if I'm on another window outside of the game and I click game window if there is a UI button it clicks through and hits that button. It really does it if I use the taskbar o switch between eq windows. So, this click through issue you may be clicking through to hit the disband button.

I've noticed while in full screen windowed mode that if I'm on another window outside of the game and I click game window if there is a UI button it clicks through and hits that button. It really does it if I use the taskbar o switch between eq windows. So, this click through issue you may be clicking through to hit the disband button.
Interesting point. I will try to keep all my browsing on 2nd monitor and see if that helps thank you.

I had this problem for a while, it was user error. I would click the tabs down on the taskbar to switch between toons, just so happens that the group window was very close to the disband/camp button, and if I clicked on the picture, sometimes it would disband the person from group (clicked through). Hope that makes sense.
I can easily see that hasppening to me. Going to move my action buttons and see if that resolves it. Thanks for the good idea.

If this is happening, I strongly suggest MQ2AutoLogin with hotkeys. Or alternatively Switcher or something. Using the task bar to switch toons is a pain.
I do run mq2autologin but not sure about the hotkeys part. Don't know what switcher is. I'm a bit of a tech newb. Let me know how that can help me. I did do somewof hte above suggestions and had no problems last night so something is working better already. Thanks to all!

I do run mq2autologin but not sure about the hotkeys part. Don't know what switcher is. I'm a bit of a tech newb. Let me know how that can help me. I did do somewof hte above suggestions and had no problems last night so something is working better already. Thanks to all!
MQ2autologin lets you set a hotkey in the profile editor:
1674315905721.png
This will switch to that character when the key combination is pressed. Using something like CTRL-ALT-1 to CTRL-ALT-6 will handle a group scenario.

Switcher is a Lua script I made that lets you switch between any logged in character by clicking the name from the list.

Alternatively, you could make hotkeys up to switch, using the command "/bct toonname //foreground" (this is for EQBC), but thats harder to set up on all characters.

Question - Characters dropping group and attempting to log out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back