• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • The 5th Annual "EverQuest Software Awards" is here! Celebrate your favorite projects and win door prizes 🎁

Question - Characters dropping group and attempting to log out (1 Viewer)

RedCents
70¢
Good evening. I hope I put this in the right place this time. I am having a problem that my characters sometimes seemingly randomly drop the group. They also sometimes attempt to log out. I think I read another similiar post somewhere on here that I may be pushing keys that are tied to bindings to do those things? I'm not sure about that. I don't use the keyboard a whole lot while grouping. I do use the mouse quite a bit. If this is something that is just EQ related can you point me in the right direction to set bindings I might not hit as easily? Thanks!

RedCents
703¢
I had this problem for a while, it was user error. I would click the tabs down on the taskbar to switch between toons, just so happens that the group window was very close to the disband/camp button, and if I clicked on the picture, sometimes it would disband the person from group (clicked through). Hope that makes sense.

cybris

Old Timer
RedCents
470¢
I've noticed while in full screen windowed mode that if I'm on another window outside of the game and I click game window if there is a UI button it clicks through and hits that button. It really does it if I use the taskbar o switch between eq windows. So, this click through issue you may be clicking through to hit the disband button.

RedCents
70¢
I've noticed while in full screen windowed mode that if I'm on another window outside of the game and I click game window if there is a UI button it clicks through and hits that button. It really does it if I use the taskbar o switch between eq windows. So, this click through issue you may be clicking through to hit the disband button.
Interesting point. I will try to keep all my browsing on 2nd monitor and see if that helps thank you.

RedCents
70¢
I had this problem for a while, it was user error. I would click the tabs down on the taskbar to switch between toons, just so happens that the group window was very close to the disband/camp button, and if I clicked on the picture, sometimes it would disband the person from group (clicked through). Hope that makes sense.
I can easily see that hasppening to me. Going to move my action buttons and see if that resolves it. Thanks for the good idea.

RedCents
70¢
If this is happening, I strongly suggest MQ2AutoLogin with hotkeys. Or alternatively Switcher or something. Using the task bar to switch toons is a pain.
I do run mq2autologin but not sure about the hotkeys part. Don't know what switcher is. I'm a bit of a tech newb. Let me know how that can help me. I did do somewof hte above suggestions and had no problems last night so something is working better already. Thanks to all!

RedCents
1,046¢
I do run mq2autologin but not sure about the hotkeys part. Don't know what switcher is. I'm a bit of a tech newb. Let me know how that can help me. I did do somewof hte above suggestions and had no problems last night so something is working better already. Thanks to all!
MQ2autologin lets you set a hotkey in the profile editor:
1674315905721.png
This will switch to that character when the key combination is pressed. Using something like CTRL-ALT-1 to CTRL-ALT-6 will handle a group scenario.

Switcher is a Lua script I made that lets you switch between any logged in character by clicking the name from the list.

Alternatively, you could make hotkeys up to switch, using the command "/bct toonname //foreground" (this is for EQBC), but thats harder to set up on all characters.

Users who are viewing this thread