• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Changes to Invis on test (1 Viewer)

yamuath

RedCents
29¢
Not sure if anyone is aware. but apparently there has been changes made to invis on test that no longer allows the stacking of invis and invis vs undead. I looked but couldnt see anything in the recent patch notes, though i may have missed it.

Not sure if anyone is aware. but apparently there has been changes made to invis on test that no longer allows the stacking of invis and invis vs undead. I looked but couldnt see anything in the recent patch notes, though i may have missed it.
there were changes like this a long time ago which made it harder to double cast at the same time --- but some effects do both - like bard's Shauri's Sonorous Clouding --- did they *change* Shauri's?

1568953043847.png

Hrm, I didn’t often try to stack invises, but now I know why when I did try recently I couldn’t get it to work. I thought my timing sucked, but maybe it was actually the aforementioned change.

Invis and IVU are still stacking for me (on Live server!). I use the ISBoxer key repeater to simultaneously mash keys on my characters. ('ve been doing this for years before I got into Very Vanilla MQ2)

On my "regular" invis characters like mage or chanter I use the following social key:
/pause 1, /target myself
/alt act 1210
/stance Balanced
/stance Reactive

On my "IVU" characters like SK or Cleric I use:
/pause 1, /target myself
/stand
/alt act 1212
/stance Balanced
/stance Reactive

Several caveats, if you have someone outside your group targeted you can't cast a group invis, hence the first step is to target myself. The second caveat is the inclusion of the /stand statement for the IVU casters. This adds a couple milliseconds of time delay which is enough to allow the stacking to occur.

The mercenary commands are totally optional. They just make sure my mercs are in the preferred mode for travel.

These hotkeys fail probably 10% of the time due to lag. It pays to check all your invis'es before moving through a dangerous area!

Invis and IVU are still stacking for me (on Live server!). I use the ISBoxer key repeater to simultaneously mash keys on my characters. ('ve been doing this for years before I got into Very Vanilla MQ2)

On my "regular" invis characters like mage or chanter I use the following social key:
/pause 1, /target myself
/alt act 1210
/stance Balanced
/stance Reactive

On my "IVU" characters like SK or Cleric I use:
/pause 1, /target myself
/stand
/alt act 1212
/stance Balanced
/stance Reactive

Several caveats, if you have someone outside your group targeted you can't cast a group invis, hence the first step is to target myself. The second caveat is the inclusion of the /stand statement for the IVU casters. This adds a couple milliseconds of time delay which is enough to allow the stacking to occur.

The mercenary commands are totally optional. They just make sure my mercs are in the preferred mode for travel.

These hotkeys fail probably 10% of the time due to lag. It pays to check all your invis'es before moving through a dangerous area!

Over time I got tired of this method failing even 10% of the time. After some experimentation I arrived at these replacement hotkey commands. The fail rate is down to about 1% now with my routine 100ms ping times! And since I'm almost always 6 boxing there were no longer a need to have mercenary commands in these hotkeys.

(I still use ISBoxer key repeater to get this done!)

Regular Invis:
/pause 1, /target myself
/stand
/alt act 1210 ;(Group Perfected Invis)

Invis to Undead:
/pause 1, /target myself
/stand
/stand
/act act 1212 ;(Group Perfected IVU)

Bard Only:
/pause 1, /stopsong
/twist off