• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Can't wait! (1 Viewer)

BuddhaBoy

SUSPENDED
RedCents
180¢
Just returned to EQ, used to watch a RL friend use Redguides and can't wait to use it on my accounts now that i have the time and kids are out of the house! I'll read a lot before I post questions. I CANT WAIT!!!

Awesome Buddah! Welcome to RedGuides

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids Sic has created as they are your greatest source of information. I would even recommend watching them twice. Toon Movement - AutoGroup/AutoAccept/MQ2Yes - Basic Overview

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Time to subscribe to level 2 and begin a journey you won't regret. Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

Just returned to EQ, used to watch a RL friend use Redguides and can't wait to use it on my accounts now that i have the time and kids are out of the house! I'll read a lot before I post questions. I CANT WAIT!!!
Welcome man.

Word of advice- take it slow. Learn one thing at a time. If you try, like I did, to learn it all at once you’ll get lost in EQ & MQ. There is just SOOOOOO much to do and checkout.

One bite at a time my dude.

BB~

First, let me say welcome back to EQ! I’ve gifted you a month of level 2 access so that you can really try things out and get a feel for RedGuides. As so many have said, take it slow and try not to bite off too much at once.

You are in good hands mate - Sic and CTWN are damn enlightened conjurors when it comes to all things automated!

It's still nice to play the game yourself though so once you have a toon in the driving seat and everyone following, get involved in the conversations and see if you can't make any decent contributions... I've just returned myself with a new team and already thinking about a second team for shizzles and giggles!

There is a lot to learn with the software. One thing that helps is if you find someone in game who also uses RG so you can pass information back and forth. It was rough and frustrating when I first go into it, but the QoL it offers is worth the time you put into getting the handle. Welcome!

There is a lot to learn with the software. One thing that helps is if you find someone in game who also uses RG so you can pass information back and forth. It was rough and frustrating when I first go into it, but the QoL it offers is worth the time you put into getting the handle. Welcome!
Really dont recommend this..

Welcome back to EQ and welcome to RG, and MQ. The people here are amazing, and super helpful. Glad you watched vids, I would bookmark and as you "practice" go back. Some of the stuff you will be like :confused: when you start, then as you get more into it, it will click.

Really dont recommend this..

Welcome back to EQ and welcome to RG, and MQ. The people here are amazing, and super helpful. Glad you watched vids, I would bookmark and as you "practice" go back. Some of the stuff you will be like :confused: when you start, then as you get more into it, it will click.
Yeah. I didn't see you recommend it anywhere... Not sure why you felt the need to say anything.

IRL - Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back